From Sonic Retro
Team Dark, found in Sonic Heroes is united in a common cause to find Dr. Eggman. Rouge the Bat, the founder of the team and its resident flier, wants to find Eggman's secret treasure. Shadow the Hedgehog, the speed specialist, wants to know his true identity and why he was left inside a pod. E-123 Omega, the fully-armed robot, is angry with Eggman for abandoning him and wishes to prove his power to him.
The missions of Team Dark are the most action-oriented in the game, calling for them to blast through giant hordes of enemies to reach the goal ring, and therefore recommended for experienced players. To accommodate for this, Team Dark has some of the more offensive techniques at its disposal.
Unlike the other teams, it is never stated which member is the leader. While the popular belief is that Shadow is the team leader, others argue that Rouge takes more of a leadership role as she is the one who banded the team together. She also speaks with in the levels in parts where other team leaders have spoken. Also like the other team leaders, she is the first to speak when the team is chosen to play with.
Team Dark Moves
Speed Formation: Shadow
- Homing Attack: Hit the button twice to increase the amount of air time. If used on a row of enemies, Shadow can bounce off them and to where ever they lead.
- Spin: Hold either while standing still or running to increase speed and attack enemies.
- Rocket Accel: Hold and wait for team mates to follow behind and release for a steady pace, or press again for second team mate to hit you further and faster.
- Black Tornado: Press while jumping in midair to have Shadow unleash a stationary black whirlwind that blows the armor off all nearby enemies.
- Kick: Hold the button to perform a somersault, getting across areas in fast motion. This can be used either as a attack or to destroy crates.
- Triangle Jump: When in a narrow area, tilt the D-pad toward either wall and use to home in on the surface and briefly latch on. Continue tapping to leap from wall to wall and zigzag through the crevice. Tap to let go.
- Light Dash: Dash along a trail of rings by pressing the button when you approach them.
Fly Formation: Rouge
- Ascending Flight: Jump and hold while in the air.
- Quick Ascent: While Flying, press to get a quick boost of height.
- Thunder Shoot: Press . Used to Stun and kill enemies (depending on your level.)
- Dummy Ring Bomb: When Rouge is alone, press to have her throw damaging Ring Bombs.
- "Wink-Wink Rouge": a "move" in which, E-123 Omega, or Shadow the Hedgehog switches to first-person view, by pressing , and looks at Rouge. In turn she will look at the player, and either wink, or stare at the player.
Power Formation: Omega
- Auto Homing: Team mates automatically attack near by enemies.
- Fire Combination: Press gathers the others in your arms to get ready to attack. To cancel Fire Combination, just jump.
- Fire Launcher: During fighting pose, jump in the air and press to fire your team mates at the enemies.
- Combo Power Attacks: While in the Fighting pose, press to do continuous combo slashes.
- Circular Attack: Once you are leveled up at least once, you can perform a circular attack. Results depend on level.
- First level up: Omega fires machine gun bullets from his arm cannons.
- Second level up: Omega activates the flamethrowers in his arm cannons.
- Third level up: Omega fires missiles from his arm cannons.
- Triangle Dive: While in the air, press and hold to descend slowly to the ground or to ascend by using an updraft. (ex. a fan)
- Chaos Inferno: Press when your Team Blast gauge is filled. Shadow uses Chaos Control to freeze time, while Rouge lifts and rotates Omega, who fires large energy blasts from his arms to destroy all enemies. Time is frozen for the duration of the cooldown period. Pressing the button during this period causes time to start again.
Team Dark Objectives
- Seaside Hill — Get to the whale island! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Ocean Palace — Flee from the ancient ruins! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Grand Metropolis — Crush the city under the control of Eggman! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Power Plant — Escape from the chaotic plant! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Casino Park — Blast through the giant theme park! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- BINGO Highway — Try the high-speed slides! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Rail Canyon — Find the entrance to Eggman's base! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Bullet Station — Annihilate Eggman's base! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Frog Forest — Get through the forest where the wild animals live! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Lost Jungle — Explore the deepest part of the jungle! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Hang Castle — Enter the spooky castle! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Mystic Mansion — Escape from the crazy castle! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Egg Fleet — Land on Eggman's flagship! / Defeat 100 enemies!
- Final Fortress — Get to the core where Eggman is! / Defeat 100 enemies!
Team Dark also appears in Sonic Free Riders. However, Omega is inexplicably absent from the game. In his place is a recolored E-10000G that Rouge randomly picked out to fill the team. During the races, the robot ended up collapsing due to overuse, and which Shadow and Rouge decide to scrap it. At the end of the game, the robot actually turns out to be Metal Sonic in disguise.
| Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
- Team Dark was the only team that actually had a new character (or, at least semi-new, because he is based off of E-102 Gamma), which is Omega.