From Sonic Retro
Welcome to Sonic Retro, the largest ad-free collaborative online encyclopedia for all things Sonic the Hedgehog. We currently are working on 7,294 articles and have many more that are requested to be worked on.
While this wiki is designed to help the community by being the most comprehensive collection of Sonic information on the Internet, it's nothing without the community behind it. Anyone who registers an account can edit the wiki, and help to make it the best it can be. As you feel more comfortable with the site, please feel free to make any changes or additions that you feel necessary.
Projects: Sonic Community Hacking Guide | SCHG How-to:Guide | Hidden Content | Game Development | Sonic Physics Guide
Games, prereleases, and moreSonic the Hedgehog to Sonic Frontiers and beyond, we focus on where it all began: the video games. We also cover the many game prototypes that have to come to light over the years. But we don't stop there. Comics, TV shows, books, and all things Sonic have a place within... and the angel statue.
Artwork archiveartwork archive to browse around.
Interviews and magazinesinterviews is conveniently available both for archival purposes and to have an easy-to-reach place for reading comments and thoughts by those involved in all aspects of the Sonic universe. Even more are available over at Sega Retro, from members of Sonic Team and beyond! In addition, we host a variety of magazine articles and print advertisement for your viewing pleasure. And if you have something we don't, let us know!
Today in History
February 18 (
- 1995 — Issue #46 of Sonic the Comic is released in the United Kingdom.
- 2002 — Speed is released for i-mode 503i compatible phones though Sega's Sonic Cafe portal in Japan.
- 2004 — Issue #133 of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series by Archie Comics is released in North America.
- 2005 — Sonic Mega Collection Plus is released for the Xbox in Australia.
- 2006 — "A Revolutionary Tale", the 68th episode of Sonic X, airs in North America.
- 2015 — Sonic Advance is released on the Wii U Virtual Console in Japan.
- 2016 — Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games is released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan.
- 2017 — "Og Man Out", the 67th episode of Sonic Boom, airs in North America.
- 2020 — Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 5: Crisis City, a trade paperback, is released in North America.