| Tails Doll
First Seen: Sonic R (1997)
- Species: Eggman Robot / Doll
- Gender: None (attributed as Male)
- Age: Unknown
- Height: Unknown
- Weight: "Lightweight design"
Tails Doll is an artificial copy of Tails created by Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik, and appears as an unlockable character in Sonic R. One of the Doctor's more unusual creations, Tails Doll was allegedly constructed "to catch Sonic unawares". Aside from the red, gem-like power / control module dangling above its head, the Tails Doll is simply a stuffed animal.
Sonic Channel featured Japanese language profiles of the Sonic R characters; translated, Tails Doll's is as follows:
|| Tails Doll
As a last resort, Eggman manufactured this to catch Sonic unprepared. This, except for the power plant embedded in its head, is a mere stuffed animal, whose meager form nevertheless exhibits considerable ability in races due to its lightweight design. Still, it is also able to float in the air for a long time.
[Appearance requirements] Collect 5 tokens in Radical City in Grand Prix mode and finish better than fourth place to begin a one-on-one match with Tails doll. Win this race and Tails doll will become a possible choice on the character select screen.
- Get accustomed to the feel of the light steering.
- Travel over the water completely without accident or deceleration? This is the only character able to do so.
- Keep pushing the jump button to keep floating.
Tails Doll has poor handling, average acceleration and average top speed. Its jumping abilities are quirky; it cannot jump very high, but is able to float for prolonged periods. Along with Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles, Tails Doll completes Sonic R's set of artificial copies for Team Sonic. The doll's debut is his only appearence to date.
- Similar-looking dolls appear along with Sonic dolls and Knuckles dolls in Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut as targets in E-102's first level, although these Tails dolls are inanimate and have no red jewels.
- The red power gem dangling over Tails Doll's head is similar to the jewels which power the Ghost-series robots in Sonic Rush Adventure.
- Tails Doll has a small following among Sonic fans due to its supposed "creepy" look in comparison to the other robotic counterparts in the game.
- Tails Doll is considered the most difficult of Sonic R's unlockable characters with which to beat Super Sonic in a race.