From Sonic Retro
|Fourth level, Sonic R|
|Level themes: industrial, urban|
|Opponent: Metal Knuckles|
| Non-English names:|
|← Regal Ruin | Radiant Emerald →|
Reactive Factory is the fourth course made available for play in Sonic R.
This is a factory complex built on a small island in the sea by Dr. Eggman. It is completely automated, and uses water as fuel to operate. Among the many engines is a machine that will dispense Rings to the racers at no cost, making it easier for them to amass enough Rings to unlock the goodies to be found on the track.
This course contains two Chaos Emeralds and collecting all five Sonic Tokens (and finishing in the top three) will allow the player to race against and unlock Metal Knuckles. This course's theme is "Work it Out".
|“||Here you are transported into the future! Enter the factory of tomorrow, a completely automated wonder. There is lots of room to run, but there are also many hidden surprises and traps. What appears to be at first a simple course is really the hardest of the four courses.||„|
— Sonic R US Saturn manual
Special item locations
The following are the locations of the Chaos Emeralds and Sonic Tokens in this course:
- Red Chaos Emerald: Open the 50-Ring Gate located after the loop-de-loop. This will make the pillar in front of it eject the Emerald.
- Grey Chaos Emerald: Upon reaching the Accelerator, veer to the left and open the 50-Ring Door. The machine in front of it will eject the Emerald.
- 1st Token: From the first Item Panel, immediately turn right to an alternate path, and cross the pond to reach the Token.
- 2nd Token: From the starting line, keep running forward to reach a machine with the Token resting on top.
- 3rd Token: After the Accelerator, keep running straight forward to stay on the main path, then turn right when the road splits.
- 4th Token: Keep following the path from above, and turn left.
- 5th Token: Open the 20-Ring Gate located after the Ring dispenser.
Songs: "Super Sonic Racing" | "Can You Feel the Sunshine" | "Living in the City" | "Back in Time" | "Work it Out" | "Diamond in the Sky" | "Number One"