From Sonic Retro
|First seen: Knuckles' Chaotix (1995)|
| Age: 16 (in Knuckles' Chaotix (NA/EU))|
6 (as of Sonic Heroes)
|Height: 70cm (2'3")|
|Weight: 10kg (22lbs)|
|Created by: Naoto Ohshima|
Charmy Bee is an extremely hyperactive 6-year old bee with a heart as big as his stinger and a trademark flight helmet. He's 2'3" tall, though he mostly hovers in the air, and weighs 22 lbs. He works in the Chaotix Detective Agency with Espio the Chameleon and Vector the Crocodile as the flight member. He also has the ability to warp between special flowers. He loves all kinds of flowers, and he also loves honey and taking long naps.
His first appearance was in a Japanese Sonic Manga. His first game appearance was in the Sega 32X game Knuckles' Chaotix (where he was labeled as 16 years of age in the US game manual, though his age was never stated in the original Japanese manual). He also appeared in Sonic Heroes, as part of Team Chaotix, and Shadow the Hedgehog.
In both of the comic continuities he is a prince of the bees. In the Archie comics, he was a sophisticated 16-year-old, before time in the Egg Grapes gave him sufficient enough brain damage to behave like the games' version. Additionally, he is married to a girl named Saffron. In the Fleetway comics, however, his teammates do not know that he is a prince.
In Shadow the Hedgehog, he helps out during the Prison Island level.
In Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Charmy appears as a referee, alongside Espio.
- Sonic Heroes
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Referee)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Referee)
- Sonic Colours (Nintendo DS version only)
- Sonic Generations (console version only)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Referee)
- Sonic Runners
- Sonic Runners Adventure
- Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
- Sonic Forces
Television Series and Film
- Emily Corkery (Sonic Heroes)
- Amy Birnbaum (Shadow the Hedgehog plus Sonic X)
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey (Sonic Colours (Nintendo DS)-present)
|| Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
- In the Japanese version of Chaotix, Charmy is the only character whose age is not stated in the manual. In the North American and European release of Knuckles' Chaotix, Charmy is the only character whose age is stated in the manual. He is said to be 16 years old. Sonic Heroes would later establish him to be 6 years old.
- In an interview regarding Sonic Heroes, Takashi Iizuka stated that, in his mind, he didn't bring back Vector, Espio and Charmy as characters from the past. Instead he considered them to be new characters, recreated from the ground up. This explains why, in Sonic Heroes, Vector, Espio and Charmy show no familiarity with other characters they had previously featured alongside. At one point in the game, Charmy Bee asks who Dr. Eggman is, although Espio has heard of him.