Sonic the Hedgehog 058 (IDW)
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Hedgehog #58
"Urban Warfare, Part 2"
|← Previous issue | Next issue →
|Sonic to Restoration HQ: Requesting backup immediately!
The Eggperial City is too much for Sonic, Tangle, Whisper, and Lanolin to handle on their own, so it's Tails, Amy, Silver, and Blaze to the rescue! With two teams on the case, surely victory will be achieved without a hitch, right?!
Urban Warfare, Part 2
Sonic's backup arrives in the form of Miles "Tails" Prower, Amy Rose, Blaze the Cat and Silver the Hedgehog. Sonic apologizes to Blaze for making her work on her vacation but she tells him to think nothing of it. Meanwhile, the Diamond Cutters are stuck unable to do anything in another plane of reality. Lanolin feels like she failed but Tangle tries to cheer her up and make her feel more confident. Whisper now asks why Tangle chose to use the name of the Diamond Cutters. Tangle tells her it's because she felt her old team was so cool and she wanted that for them, so they wouldn't drift apart again. Whisper takes a moment to think about it. Lanolin suggests changing the name, but Whisper says the original Diamond Cutters would be honored to have inspired them to continue their cause. When deciding what to do next, Lanolin says they can scout ahead, bypassing the security. Then when Sonic returns them to normal, they'll have all the info they need. Whisper then suggests they head to the control tower, and the new Diamond Cutters head out together.
Elsewhere, the other heroes are fighting more of Dr. Eggman's Badnik army while Tails hacks the systems on his Miles Electric. Turns out Eggman is growing gigantic fake Chaos Emeralds out of the ground. They are cheap and not as powerful as the real emeralds. They still are more powerful than Chaos Drives or Power Cores however. Making them so massive also increases their power output, justifying the cost of creating them, but does tremendous damage to the environment. They then decide to head to the control tower to reverse this mess. On their way there, they see Team Dark is here as well.
- Story so far: A brief recap of events that have happened in previous issues, reprinting relevant panels.
- A quick reference guide to new readers about the characters, providing data files on Sonic, Tangle, Whisper, Lanolin, Amy, Tails, Silver and Blaze.
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Raw artwork of each of this issue's variant covers.
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Art: Thomas Rothlisberger
- Colors: Matt Herms
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Editors: Riley Farmer, David Mariotte
- https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=82771401521805811 (Wayback Machine: 2023-02-28 17:04)