Sonic the Hedgehog 060 (IDW)
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Hedgehog #60|
"Urban Warfare, Part 4"
|← Previous issue | Next issue →|
|“||The battle rages on! But how do you fight a city?! Sonic and friends race to stop Eggperial City from expanding, badniks from attacking, and Dr. Eggman from…doing whatever it is Dr. Eggman does.||„|
Urban Warfare, Part 4
Continuing from where the previous issue left off, Tangle is falling from Dr. Eggman's tower in the Eggperial City. Metal Sonic is sent to try and capture her. Meanwhile, the other heroes Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower, Amy Rose, Blaze the Cat, Silver the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat are discussing what to do next. During the conversation, Tangle appears from under the Miles Electric. Her sudden appearance spooks Amy and she smashes it with her hammer. After mourning the loss of the device, the others ask Tangle what happened to her and she explains the situation. Then Metal Sonic ambushes them, and Tangle realizes she led Metal right to the others. Amy ends the fight rather quickly by trapping Metal under rubble.
The heroes then head underground to find Shadow and Omega, then infiltrate Eggman's tower. Rouge, Silver and Blaze find Omega, along with the Shadow Androids. The floor underneath them also opens up, causing them to fall into another area with old Eggman mechs along with the real Shadow. He is trapped in the unstable crystals, Silver even struggles with getting him free with all the Chaos Energy around.
Eggman monitors the situation from the tower, hoping that Shadow keeps up the Chaos Control. The more he tries to use the fake emeralds, the bigger they will get, meaning more power for the city. Orbot questions this, worrying about the city's infrastructure. Eggman reminds him this is what the safeguards are for. While they were talking, Sonic, Tails, Amy and Tangle break into the room. Tails starts messing with Eggman's computer while the others fight him and Metal Sonic. Eggman tries to stop Tails from turning off the limiter, but fails, causing the emeralds to grow larger than the city. Eggman then engages his plan b.
- Story so far: A brief recap of events that have happened in previous issues, reprinting relevant panels.
- A quick reference guide to new readers about the characters, providing data files on Sonic, Tangle, Whisper, Lanolin, Amy, Tails, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega and Dr. Eggman.
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Raw artwork of each of this issue's variant covers.
- Story: Evan Stanley
- Art: Thomas Rothlisberger
- Colors: John-Paul Bove
- Color assists by: Ed Pirrie
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Editors: Riley Farmer, David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Afia Khan, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
- https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=82771401521806011 (Wayback Machine: 2023-06-01 15:20)