|| This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by adding to it.
Sonic the Hedgehog #50 is the fiftieth issue of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series by IDW Publishing.
||Sonic the Hedgehog #50 is here! To celebrate, this issue features two Sonics! And two Tails! Wait... One of them is green... And the other has tails made out of water?! Imposters! And they're working with Dr. Starline?! After assembling a squad of bad guys, kidnapping Belle, starting a forest fire, and causing chaos in Central City, Starline is finally ready to unleash his monstrous imposters: Surge and Kit! Will his meticulous planning be enough to defeat Sonic and Dr. Eggman? The throne is only big enough for one!
Battle for the Empire
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Art: Adam Bryce Thomas
- Colors: Matt Herms (p. 1-10, 17-19), Heather Breckel (p. 15-16, 20-21, 27-28, 31-37, 40-42), Reggie Graham (p. 11-14, 22-26, 29-30, 38-39)
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Assistant Editor: Nick Niño
- Editors: Riley Farmer, David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
- Cover artist: Yui Karasuno (Cover A), Evan Stanley (Cover B), Adam Bryce Thomas (Cover C), Jonathan Gray (Cover D), Nibroc Sarkaria (Cover E), Thomas Rothlisberger (Cover F), Nathalie Fourdraine (Cover RI-A), Tyson Hesse (Cover RI-B), Gigi Dutreix (Online Exclusive & Con Exclusive)
- Cover colouring: Matt Herms (Cover C), Aleah Baker (Cover D), Valentina Pinto (Cover F)
US Online Exclusive cover