Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails' 30th Anniversary Special
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Hedgehog special|
"Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails' 30th Anniversary Special"
|“||Join Ian Flynn, Aaron Hammerstrom, and Reggie Graham in celebrating Classic Tails's 30th Anniversary! A comic all about the cutest, smartest, bravest fox around?! Heck yeah! Best buds Sonic and Tails are off to Flicky Island for a much needed vacation! But the relaxing beaches and beautiful mountains have been replaced by railroad tracks and giant crystals--scaring off the Flickies! Tails will have to put on a brave face to defeat the magical villain: Witchcart!||„|
Flying Off the Rails
Sonic and Tails travel to Flicky Island on the Tornado for vacation. Tails hopes the Flickies like mint candy because he brought a ton. The two heroes quickly realize something is wrong as they see Green Grove Zone is empty with no feathered friends in sight. The two split up to look for close, noticing that there are new railroad tracks and unnatural crystal formations. Tails realizes the island must have been attacked by Witchcart, a villain he previously battled while Sonic was on another adventure. Sonic runs ahead without Tails, following the railroads. He wonders if he could balance on the rails, thinking he might need to practice with some special shoes first.
Sonic finds Witchcart's minions Hocke-Wulf, Bearenger, and Carrotia capturing Flickies. They know who Sonic is which the hedgehog thinks is neat. He is quickly turned to crystal however by Witchcart's power. She hails him and the Flickies back to her lair in Panic Puppet Zone. Tails sees that Sonic was captured and panics. The Flickies help Tails realize he can stop them, he just has to be smart about it. He remembers how the Flickies helped Sonic the last time they were on the island, while he and Knuckles looked for the Chaos Emeralds. One by one, Tails defeats each of Witchcart's minions with the help of the birds.
Back with Witchcart and Sonic, the old lady gloats as she has Sonic and most of the Flickies captured. Once she learns the secrets of the Flickies, she believes nothing will stop her. Tails breaks into the Panic Puppet Fortress with gear he collected from the other minions in hand. During the battle, Sonic is freed from his crystal prison. The two of them defeat the witch and save the island. They free all of the birds and Sonic decides to give Tails the credit for saving the day this time. The heroes and the Flickies decide it's time for them to party.
- Raw artwork of each of this issue's variant covers.
- The Making of "Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails' 30th Anniversary Special": A six-page feature that details how the special was pitched, how Witchcart and her minions were redesigned for the special, and the creative process of each page.
- Sonic the Hedgehog Reading Guide: A guide detailing the recommended reading order for the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its respective mini-series.
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Art: Aaron Hammerstrom
- Inks: Rik Mack
- Colors: Reggie Graham
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Editors: Riley Farmer & David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Tails' 30th Anniversary Special on IDW: US
- https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN229277 (Wayback Machine: 2022-11-16 21:12)