From Sonic Retro
|Twelfth hero storyline level, Sonic Adventure 2|
|Level theme: desert/western|
|Secondary level theme: industrial|
|Tertiary level theme: spooky/supernatural|
|Mission 1: Find the 3 Gate Keys!|
| Mission 2: Collect 100 rings!
| Mission 3: Find the lost Chao!
| Mission 4: Find the keys within 5 minutes!
|Mission 5: Clear Hard Mode!|
|← Pyramid Cave | Eternal Engine →|
Death Chamber is the 12th stage in the Hero story of Sonic Adventure 2 and the fourth stage playable with Knuckles. It represents Knuckles' role in, and the conclusion of, the heroes' trilogy of consecutive stages at Eggman's secret base. This is the only stage where Knuckles is looking for something (Gate Keys) that aren't Master Emerald shards.
Sonic, "Tails," Knuckles and Amy Rose are heading towards the centre of the base when they arrive at a locked door. Sonic asks Knuckles to go find the keys, playfully calling him the world’s greatest treasure hunter.
Death Chamber is a an Egyptian indoors ruin themed level, with large murals and hieroglyphs. Since it's Eggman's base, his head appears in giant animal and human statues instead of theirs and his face emblazes the Gate Knuckles is trying to find the Keys for as well.
The major gimmicks of this level are hourglass doors similar to those from Sonic & Knuckles' Sandopolis Zone. Another major gimmick of the level are cockroach tapestries on the walls, that will always lead to another location, if dug into it's centre.
Other level specific objects include colour coded sarcophagus and golden and Egyptian themed urns.
Death Chamber is composed by a large central core of some sorts and from all the other sections branch out in a cross like shape. The central section, labeled E-01 is a large cylindrical room, with two major height divisions, a lower route and an upper route, where some pillars are scattered. If the red section is the south one, the blue is the east, the green is the west and finally there’s a north underwater section as well.
- The south section is colour coded red and it’s where Knuckles first starts. There are three wings here, a left corridor, which eventually leads to the green branch, a forward corridor, which leads to the central room, and a right corridor, which eventually leads to the blue branch.
- The east section is coded blue. There are two wings here, a left corridor, which eventually leads back to the red branch and a forward corridor, which leads to the central room. There’s also a small alcove to the right, which leads to secret room #1.
- The boundary room between the red and blue sections has a Mystic Melody, which makes some rings appear and a painting, which leads to secret room #2, very alike secret room #1 in layout.
- The west section is colour coded green. There are are two wings here, a right corridor, which eventually leads back to the red branch and a forward corridor, which leads to the central room. There’s also another hallway to the left which halfway in leads back to the main room.
- The north section is accessible through a Mystic Melody at the bottom level of the central room. It’s completely underwater, perhaps as a system to cool down E-10. Right next to where Knuckles dives there’s a hourglass door, which hourglass is directly opposite to it, and whose time is quite narrow to pass through. From here there’s a long hallway filled with ghosts and it ends in an underwater chamber with some hourglass doors and an opening through the ceiling. This opening is protected by a weight, whose switch is at the top of this chamber. The hourglass to open the hourglass doors below is in this room as well, in an upper ledge.
|Beetle series: Gold Beetle|
|E-20 series: Unidus, Ghola|
|Ghosts||Boo, Boom Boo|
- The level specific animal (third Chao container) is a Skeleton Dog.
In the Pyramid Core, on the side facing the exit to the Red area, Big is behind the grating of the central machine, grabbing onto one of the pillars there. In Hard Mode he moves about halfway around the core, this time hanging onto the outer wall of the core, just below floor level.
- Blue area, right path: In an alcove, located in the room accessible through digging the painting.
- Green area, left path: At the last room of all.
- Pyramid core: On the lowest height level, below the platform of the Red area entrance.
|#1||Shovel Claw||Invisible ground.|
The room with no entrance.
Dig in the center of the room using the hourglass.
|There is a black cockroach on the table.|
In a secret underwater room in a hole in the Pyramid Core floor.</br>
|Double sliding floor.|
Inverted underwater room.
The hourglass to open the sliding floor is in the upper room.
- The first Gate Key is located at secret room #3. Once there, destroy the steel containers and flip the hourglass, which will reveal a piece of terrain in the centre of the room, which can be dug into and where the first key is.
- The second Gate Key is located at the end of the north underwater path. Once at the final underwater chamber, circle behind the sarcophagus with a beetle on it and the key is there.
- The third Gate Key is in the same room as the second. Once at the final underwater chamber, go up through the gap in the ceiling, deactivate the weight trap and flip the hourglass. Quickly go back to the underwater room and head towards the double hourglass door, where the Key is accessible while the doors don't slide back into place.
The Gold Beetle can be found inside the cages, located on the room past the painting in right red path.
In the north underwater hallway, go through the ceiling to the dry room above. Climb the wall to the lower upper ledge, flip the hourglass and quickly go through the hourglass platform directly above it by climbing a bit more, behind which the Lost Chao is.
Knuckles' Hammer Gloves upgrade can be found in this level. It's in the side room past wooden containers on the first room of the forward red path.
| Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
- In Sonic Adventure 2: Battle's VS mode, there is a pipe in the first room of the Blue section. It sits on the the stone shelf next to the flames on the wall. An animal will come out of it if the player whistles into it. The animal can be picked up and can even be taken to the Chao Garden.
|Sonic Adventure 2|