From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Adventure 2|
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
|Eighth dark storyline level, Sonic Adventure 2|
|Location: Prison Island|
|Level theme: industrial|
| Mission 1: Steal the three Chaos Emeralds|
in 5 minutes!
|Mission 2: Collect 100 rings!|
|Mission 3: Find the lost Chao!|
|Mission 4: Get the Emeralds within 3 minutes 30 seconds!|
|Mission 5: Clear Hard Mode!|
|← Weapons Bed | White Jungle →|
Security Hall is the eighth stage in the Dark storyline of Sonic Adventure 2 and the third stage playable with Rouge. It represents Rouge's attempt to find three Chaos Emeralds hidden inside GUN's base.
Security Hall is located inside the GUN base, having a military facility vault room theme. The walls are made of metal, so it’s worth noting that it’s not possible to dig anywhere on this level. Air ducts, metal fences, giant boxes, and platforms are scattered across the rooms. Additional security is provided by still or sweeping lasers, which burn and will harm Rouge if touched.
The major gimmick of this level is the safes, which are locked and can be unlocked by throwing the correspondent switch. To open the safe, Rouge needs to grab onto the safe and dig into the centre of the flashing GUN insignia. In the Dreamcast version only, using the Screw Kick next to a safe will also open it, even if it's locked. In addition, the level has a 5-minute time limit, which works just like the time limits in Green Forest, White Jungle, and every 4th mission. Eggman will chime in intermittently as the level goes on:
- "Rouge! Get the Chaos Emeralds before the military finds you!" (0:00.19)
- "Hurry up Rouge! The island is set to blow up!" (1:00.02)
- "What are you doing? Get going! Bring me the Chaos Emeralds now!" (2:00.02)
- "What in the world are you doing? You took longer than you were supposed to!" (3:00.02)
- "Rouge, it’s going to explode! Hurry up! Get going!" (4:00.02)
- "No! That’s no good! You've spoiled my plan!" (4:55.02)
Other level specific-objects are fans that blow money that can be floated on, pulleys, pressure tanks that can be destroyed, the larger ones needing more than one hit to destroy, and packages and skulls that can be picked. Another curious observation is the fact that Rouge’s breath is visible, which is a sign that the place is supposed to be cold enough for such a thing to happen.
Security Hall is divided into two major sections.
The first section is where the safes are located. It’s U-shaped and divides into three-sub sections according to height, each one colour coded for convenience. The lowest level is the “Red floor”, the medium is the “Yellow floor” and finally, the highest is the “Blue floor”. Rouge starts in the Red floor. Each level is in turn divided into "A", "B" and "C" block, the first to the farthest left part of the U-shape and the last to the farthest right part, with the second in the middle of both. Rouge starts in the boundary between “B” and “C” blocks. There's a Mystic Melody on Yellow floor, C block, which will make a path to a gap on the wall opposite to it, where Rouge's Treasure Scope upgrade is.
The second section is a room located above the safe room, called the “Switch room”, where the switches to open each safe are. The red one is located at the farthest left, the yellow in the middle and the blue in the farthest right. High above the red area there's a ledge with another Mystic Melody, which accesses 40 rings, easily grabbed by an electric shield located nearby, in a wooden container. There are some platforms suspended on the air above the yellow area, accessible by hitting a spring visible with the Treasure Scope.
- Beetle series: Mono Beetle, Gun Beetle, Spark Beetle, Gold Beetle
- Hunter series: Gun Hunter
- Rhino series: Rhino Spike
*The Tiger only appears randomly.
- The animals under liftable objects are all strangely missing in the 2012 port, leaving the stage with only 8 total instead of the regular 10.
The level specific animal (third Chao container) is a Phoenix.
At the beginning, jump over the right rail and float above the fans at the upper left corner, closer to the bar wall. Big is seen under the floor, holding onto the wall below. Careful Drill Driving under the floor, followed by a glide toward the central pillar, will allow a better look, although actually descending as far down the wall as Big is will result in death. In Hard Mode, Big appears clutching on the money fan on front of it instead.
- Red floor, A block: On the ground and in the middle of the two farthest metal crates, opposite the safe rows.
- Blue floor, boundary between B and C block: Inside the safe directly above the metal crate.
- Switch room, yellow area: Next to the crusher and between the two metal crates.
Chaos Emeralds - Hard Mode
|#1 (red)||Dancing wind.|
Drive into the wind.
|#2 (purple)||A place which is protected by lasers.|
Screw Kick the middle of the four tiles.
|#3 (light blue)||No one can open that safe!|
There should be a way to disarm the trap...
- The first Chaos Emerald is close to the farthest blowing money fan, on the red floor, C block. Simply Drill Drive it to get it.
- The second Chaos Emerald is in the Switch room, yellow area, suspended above the lasers.
- The third Chaos Emerald is inside the safe directly below the crusher, on red floor, B block. First open the red safes in the Switch room, then go to the B block and climb to the steel platform. Use the treasure scope and hit the spring, which will make Rouge activate a switch that will stop the crusher.
The Gold Beetle can be found halfway up the narrow bottleneck when Rouge grabs the upreel to access the Switch room.
- Recommended upgrades: Treasure Scope
In the Switch room, yellow area, put the sunglasses close to the "B" block sign on the front edge. Hit the spring to access the higher platform.
Rouge's Treasure Scope upgrade can be found in this level, though the Iron Boots and Mystic Melody will usually be a prerequisite to finding it. It's in a room accessible by playing the Mystic Melody close to the ruins in the Yellow floor, C block; follow the platforms that appear, destroy the metal containers and finally enter the room.
|| Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
- The heroes have no stage that takes the setting of Security Hall, though Aquatic Mine is undoubtedly its functional equivalent by virtue of its small three-tiered rectangular main area and three switches to enable access to various parts of the stage. Additionally, the shape of Security Hall is remarkably similar to the section of Iron Gate that passes between the level 3 and level 4 security doors.
A map which revels the location of every ring in the level.
|Sonic Adventure 2 / Sonic Adventure 2: Battle|