From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Charmy)
This article requires cleanup.
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
|First seen: Chaotix (1995)|
| Age: 16 (in Chaotix (NA/EU))|
6 (as of Sonic Heroes)
|Height: 70cm (2'3")|
|Weight: 10kg (22lbs)|
|Created by: Naoto Ohshima|
Charmy Bee is an extremely hyperactive 6-year old bee with a heart as big as his stinger and a trademark flight helmet. He's 2'3" tall, though he mostly hovers in the air, and weighs 22 lbs. He works in the Chaotix Detective Agency with Espio the Chameleon and Vector the Crocodile as the flight member. He also has the ability to warp between special flowers. He loves all kinds of flowers, and he also loves honey and taking long naps.
His first appearance was in a Japanese Sonic Manga. His first game appearance was in the Sega 32X game Chaotix (where he was labeled as 16 years of age in the US game manual, though his age was never stated in the original Japanese manual). He also appeared in Sonic Heroes, as part of Team Chaotix, and Shadow the Hedgehog.
In Shadow the Hedgehog, he helps out during the Prison Island level.
In Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Charmy appears as a referee, alongside Espio.
In an interview regarding Sonic Heroes, Takashi Iizuka stated that, in his mind, he didn't bring back Vector, Espio and Charmy as characters from the past. Instead he considered them to be new characters, recreated from the ground up. This explains why, in Sonic Heroes, Vector, Espio and Charmy show no familiarity with other characters they had previously featured alongside. At one point in the game, Charmy Bee asks who Dr. Eggman is, although Espio has heard of him.
In other media
In both of the comic continuities he is a prince of the bees. In the Archie comics, he was a sophisticated 16-year-old, before time in the Egg Grapes gave him sufficient enough brain damage to behave like the games' version. Additionally, he is married to a girl named Saffron. In the Fleetway comics, however, his teammates do not know that he is a prince.
- Sonic Heroes
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Referee)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Referee)
- Sonic Colours (Nintendo DS version only)
- Sonic Generations (console version only)
- Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games (Referee)
- Sonic Runners
- Sonic Runners Adventure
- Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
- Sonic Forces
Television Series and Film
- Emily Corkery (English game voice (Sonic Heroes only))
- Amy Birnbaum (English game voice (Shadow the Hedgehog only) plus Sonic X)
- Colleen O'Shaughnessey (English game voice (Sonic Colours (Nintendo DS)-present))
- Yoko Teppozuka (Japanese game voice (2003-present) plus Sonic X)
- Marie Millet (French game voice (2011-present))
- Luisa Witzorek (German game voice (2011-present))
- Graciela Molina (Spanish game voice (2011-present))
- Emanuela Pacotto (Italian game voice (2011-present))