From Sonic Retro
Error creating thumbnail:
|Sonic Adventure 2|
|Ninth dark storyline level, Sonic Adventure 2|
|Level theme: jungle|
| Mission 1: Cut through the Jungle|
in 10 minutes!
|Mission 2: Collect 100 rings!|
|Mission 3: Find the lost Chao!|
|Mission 4: Reach the goal within 3 minutes 0 seconds!|
|Mission 5: Clear Hard Mode!|
|← Security Hall | Route 280 →|
After placing Eggman’s bomb and setting the timer for ten minutes, Shadow listens to Rouge tell the tale of being locked inside Security Hall with the Chaos Emeralds after destroying R-1/A FLYING DOG and is too humiliated to find a way out. After Shadow parallels Maria and Rouge, he can’t help but want to save her. He cuts through the jungle at high speed regardless of his wish to destroy everything and everyone. At some point his path meets Sonic’s, and the two fight for the first time.
White Jungle is a forest/jungle themed level, with thick green vegetation and platforms shaped like half pipes made of tree trunks. In addition there are lit torches flanking the way. It is located in the forest on the outskirts of the GUN base of Prison Island.
The major gimmick of this level is the vine pulls that launch Shadow from one platform section to the other. In addition, the level has a 10-,minute time limit.
Other level specific objects are greenery of various sorts, the aforementioned torches, which will hurt Shadow if touched, and small purple mushrooms Shadow can pick up.
Shadow first starts in a tree trunk platform shaped like a half-pipe and at the end he’s launched through a vine to a larger platform. Beyond some GUN robots there’s a vine pull and two wooden structures. The vine pull will launch Shadow to an above platform, with two wooden structures. After somersaulting past them, there’s a second vine pull that will lead to yet another platform above, where the first Point Marker is. Back to the GUN robots platform and after somersaulting past the two wooden structures and the GUN Beetles, there’s a vine pull that will also lead to the platform with the first Point Marker.
Past this, there’s another half-pipe tree trunk section and at the end, a platform. There are two wooden structures past some Rhino Spikes and a small niche past another two to the left of the tree trunk. To the right, there are some GUN robots, an upreel at the end and a vine pull. Past the pull, there’s a second platform with a crusher, and at the end, a spring which will lead to a third platform. Here the way branches into two that will eventually lead to a ledge in the tree above, a vine pull to the front and a set of moving platforms to the right. Past the ledge, there’s a long tunnel that leads to the second Point Marker.
After, there’s a half-pipe tree trunk section and a loop, which will lead to yet another tunnel. There’s a path to the left, but there’s also a moving platform that will lead to the medium-height level above. There are two ways, by the dash panel loop or the vine pull, to the higher level and past the wooden containers, there’s the third Point Marker.
Past this, there’s another half-pipe tree trunk section which will lead to a larger platform. Here there’s a trail of rings that lead to the second platform, and a hole in the floor under the wooden container, that will lead to a level below, where the Air Shoes upgrade is. Past some trail of rings and some platforms, there’s the second platform mentioned above. From here there’s a tree trunk loop and section that will eventually lead to a third large platform. After a vine pull there’s a fourth platform with a crusher and past this and the wooden structures there are some springs that take to the level above. To the back of this platform there’s a Mystic Melody icon, which will lead to some platforms to the above right, and to the front there’s a set vine pull that will lead to a fifth platform, with another vine pull close by, that will lead to the Goal platform. Past the vine pull there’s a path to the left, which after a trail of rings will also lead to the Goal platform.
- Beetle series: Mono Beetle, Bomb Beetle (Normal Mode), Gun Beetle, Spark Beetle, Gold Beetle
- Hunter series: Gun Hunter (Normal Mode), Laser Hunter, Shield Hunter (Hard Mode)
- Rhino series: Rhino Spike, Rhino Metal (Hard Mode)
- The level specific animal (third Chao box) is a Dragon.
- After the third Point Marker and while on the last vine of all, the camera will tilt a bit and Big can be seen on a tree branch to the right, laying on it and taking a rest.
- On the Goal platform, stand on the north edge near the water. Big is seen sitting on a tree to the left.
- First Point Marker: Past the wooden structures to the left of the tree trunk, on the first platform
- Third Point Marker: Past the wooden structures after the crusher, on the fourth platform.
- Third Point Marker: Past the wooden structures at the end of the fifth platform.
The Gold Beetle can be found at the third platform, after the third Point Marker.
After the third Point Marker, there's a platform with a crusher. Go to to end of it, hit the springs to reach the level above. Go back, activate the Mystic Melody, jump through the platforms and go all the way to the end.
Shadow's Air Shoes upgrade can be found here, on a room accessed by a hole in the floor under the wooden container, located at the first large platform after the third Point Marker.
Error creating thumbnail:
|Main article: Sonic Adventure 2/Comparisons/White Jungle|
- Purple spores fall from the sky in the Dreamcast version while rain was added instead in the GameCube version.
- Omochao appears right before the Goal Ring in the GameCube version. He will say "This weather reminds me of San Fransisco" if the player picks him up and jumps into the Goal Ring.
|| Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
- There's a dash panel placed slightly below the underside of the first half-cut tree section. Even if hit, it serves no purpose.
|Sonic Adventure 2|
<div class="bobscreen" style="width:80px; height:Expression error: Unexpected < operator.px; display:inline-block; text-align:center; overflow:hidden;">
Official Soundtrack Vinyl Edition</div></div>