Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Sonic Triple Trouble)
This article needs cleanup.
|Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble|
|Developer: Aspect Co. Ltd|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear|
|ROM size: 512kB|
Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, released as Sonic & Tails 2 (ソニック＆テイルス２) in Japan, was released in November 1994. Just like Sonic Chaos, you can play as either Sonic or Tails. Unlike Sonic Chaos, this game was exclusively released for the Game Gear and no Sega Master System version was ever made, though Glitch made an unofficial port to the Master System in May 2009. This game was the debut of Fang the Sniper, and Knuckles the Echidna's first appearance in a Game Gear game. There was an Archie comics adaption of this game which not only featured Nack the Weasel but also Vector the Crocodile and Octobot, which was published in October 1995.
This exclusive Game Gear game is much larger in size than its predecessors. The gameplay experience is much more in line with the Sonic games of the Genesis.
This is the first Sonic game in which all of the players rings are not lost after getting hurt; rather, 50 rings will be lost via spike damage, and 30 rings for most other types of damage.
Two characters are also available for play, Sonic or Tails. Sonic has the ability to do the Spin Dash ( + jump) and the Super Peel-Out ( + jump) as he does in Sonic Chaos. Tails has the ability of flight, which is still done by pressing and jump from a standing position. There are also two new power-ups introduced; these are character exclusive so they cannot be used by both characters.
The game contains 6 Chaos Emeralds total, 5 of which are collected in Special Stages. To access a Special Stage, find the Warp Gate Item monitor: there's a single Gate hidden in the first two Acts of each Zone. If there at least 50 rings in the inventory when the Warp Gate Item monitor is broken a circle of stars appears which is the entry way to the Special Stage. There are three sidescrolling special stages and two 3rd person stages in which Sonic or Tails pilots the Tornado collecting rings. The last Emerald is obtained automatically after defeating Robotnik in the final level.
The Pogo Spring and Rocket shoes from Sonic Chaos return. Warp Gates are new to the game and grant the player the ability to warp to the Special stage if 50 rings are collected before breaking it. There are two vehicles, the Screw Shoes in Tidal Plant, and Snowboard in Robotnik Winter which can only be used by Sonic. The Rocket Shoes are also a Sonic only item. Tails has an exclusive item called the High Speed Helitail which acts the same as Sonic's Rocket Shoes. There are also Time Item boxes which can be found in the side scrolling Bonus Stages and will revert the time back to 1:30.
At the end of Acts 1 and 2 of each level, a panel is spun, with a reward given based on what it lands on:
- Flicky: No prize.
- Ring: 10 rings added to final ring tally.
- Sonic: Sonic gets a 1-up, Tails gets 10,000 points.
- Tails: Tails gets a 1-up, Sonic gets 10,000 points.
- Knuckles: A continue is awarded
- Chaos Emerald: Start the next act with 50 rings.
- Back of Panel: The panel must be spun again.
Also released on
- Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for the GameCube (2003)
- Sonic Gems Collection for the Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation 2 (2005)
- Coleco Sonic for Coleco plug and play (2006)
- Playpal Plug and Play for the Coleco Plug and play console (2006)
- Sonic PC Collection for the PC (2009)
- FunPlay 20-in-1 for the Plug and Play console (2009)
- Virtual Console for the Nintendo 3DS (2013)
Staff: M.Sima, N.Honda, Saori.K, T.Ihoroi, S.Higasi, O.Kodera, Toshiaki, K.Oikawa, H.Sai, K.Mixa, Sukioka, M.Tatsu, Tomoko, Fumi, Yoshiki
Thanks: H.Kojima, Y.Furuta, Hayato.T, N.Taidai, K.Unoki, Ray.F, J.Spahn, N.Katoh, R.Somaki, J.Misima, Y.Okitsu, T.Tanaka, Manabu.M and You
|78||Sonic Retro Average|
|Based on 5 reviews|
- File:MeanMachinesSega26UK.pdf, page 108
- File:SuperGamePower BR 019.pdf, page 13
- http://vc.sega.jp:80/3ds/sandt2/ (archived: 2012-10-28 11:50)
- http://www.nintendo.com:80/games/detail/kZ_YMfAzeybi9HMljoQVGzFE7aP4Ar6k (archived: 2012-03-08 23:11)
- http://www.nintendolife.com:80/games/gamegear/sonic_the_hedgehog_triple_trouble (archived: 2017-09-09 23:10)
|Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble|
|Sonic games for the following systems|
| 1991 Sonic the Hedgehog 1992 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 1993 Sonic Chaos | Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine 1994 Sonic Drift | Sonic Spinball | Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble 1995 Sonic Drift 2 | Tails' Skypatrol | Tails Adventures | Sonic Labyrinth | Sonic 2 in 1 1996 Sonic Blast |
Prototypes Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear prototype) | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (8-bit) AutoDemo | Sonic Chaos Sample | Sonic Drift (demo) | Sonic Spinball (8-bit) Prereleases | Sonic Triple Trouble Prereleases | Sonic Blast Prereleases
Unreleased Sonic's Edusoft