Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear prototype)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic the Hedgehog|
|System(s): Sega Game Gear|
|ROM size: 256 KB|
- There is no Sega Logo in the beginning.
- Sonic is placed further right at level startup.
- Sonic's palette changes to a darker blue when passing the end level sign.
- A strange strip appears at the top of the level briefly, probably a glitch as touching it does nothing.
- There are 2 invincibility stars in the prototype. The final Game Gear version has 4 stars.
- Sonic's sprites are exactly close to the ones from the Master System version.
- The map layout is slightly different than any version.
- The "GAME OVER" screen is garbled.
- The mountain range has a different hue, which resembles more to the hue from the Master System version.
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog (Game Gear prototype)
File: Sonic The Hedgehog (GG Proto).rar (137 kB) (info)