Sonic Adventure (2010)
From Sonic Retro
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Steam, PlayStation Now|
Sonic Adventure is a downloadable version of Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut for Xbox 360's Xbox Live Arcade, Sony's PlayStation Network, and the PC Steam client. It is a port of the PC port of Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and contains most of the changes found in that game.
While the game is a port of the DX version the title screen and menus are that of the original Sonic Adventure. The screen size is also not full screen on a HDTV, instead it has a 4:3 ratio. Downloadable Content is available that will "change the game to DX". This means changing the menus, adding missions to complete, and a Metal Sonic skin for Sonic. The game comes with 12 achievements but the DLC adds 3 more. Unfortunately the DLC does not add the Game Gear games.
Support for leaderboards and dual stick camera control is added. The Xbox live version supports the 360 Chatpad when naming Chao and custom soundtracks.
The game costs 800 Microsoft points on Xbox Live or 9.99 on PlayStation Network. The Sonic Adventure DX Download content is 400 Microsoft points on Xbox Live or 4.99 on PSN.
The Synopsis/Characters, Story Structure, and Gameplay are all exactly like the original game.
PlayStation Store chart performance
|Platform||PlayStation Store reference||PlayStation Store chart appearances and rankings||Months on the PlayStation Store (original run / cumulative total)|
|PlayStation 3||US PlayStation Network's PULSE, 10/19(/2010) Edition (Original PlayStation Blog article [video no longer available on the site], YouTube video)||"Recent weeks" (as of October 19th, 2010) - #6|
|"||US PlayStation Network's PULSE, 11/9(/2010) Edition (Original PlayStation Blog article [video no longer available on the site], YouTube video)||October 2010 - #4||1 / 1|
|"||US PlayStation Blog: Top Downloads of April 2017||April 2017 - #19||" / 2|
|"||US PlayStation Blog: Top Downloads of August 2017||August 2017 - #19||" / 3|
|"||US PlayStation Blog: Top Downloads of November 2017||November 2017 - #19||" / 4|
On July 28, 2014, an update was posted for Sonic Adventure DX on Steam. The update modified the following files:
The update doesn't appear to have fixed any of the bugs compared to the 2004 version, but it did break installations where the main executable was replaced with the SADX 2004 executable.
Sonic Adventure DX Upgrade
Adds content from Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut.
|PlayStation 3: JP, US, UK, AU, KR, TW|| JP: 2010-09-29
|US: $2.99 EU: €2.49 UK: £1.99 AU: $3.75 KR: ₩5,900 TW: NT$156|
- Sonic Adventure on Steam
- Sonic Adventure on PlayStation.com: JP, US, UK, KR
- Sonic Adventure on PlayStation Store: JP, JP (PS Plus), US, UK, AU, KR
- Sonic Adventure on Xbox Marketplace: JP, US, UK
- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-NPUB30249_00-DCCSONICADVDLG00 (archived: 2018-04-03 16:30)
- https://store.playstation.com/fr-fr/product/EP0177-NPEB00304_00-DCCSONICADVDLG00 (archived: 2018-04-03 16:34)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0177-NPEB00304_00-DCCSONICADVDLG00 (archived: 2018-04-03 16:31)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjb00083_00dccsonicadvdlg00.html (archived: 2010-09-20 10:06)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP0177-NPEB00304_00-DCCSONICADVDLG00 (archived: 2018-04-03 16:31)
- https://store.playstation.com/ko-kr/product/HP0177-NPHB00228_00-DCCSONICADVDLG00 (archived: 2018-04-03 16:33)
- /https://steamdb.info/app/71250/ (archived: 2017-05-24 00:13)
- /http://store.steampowered.com:80/app/71250 (archived: 2011-03-07 07:41)
- /http://steamdb.info/app/71250/ (archived: 2013-05-22 20:23)
- http://www.jp.playstation.com:80/software/title/jp0177npjb00083_00dccsonicadvdlg00.html (archived: 2015-09-18 07:30)
- /http://steamcommunity.com/games/71250/announcements/detail/207486173561988372 (archived: 2017-12-13 08:28)
- https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-NPJB00083_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:24)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0177-NPUB30249_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:23)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0177-NPEB00304_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:26)
- https://store.playstation.com/ko-kr/product/HP0177-NPHB00228_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:28)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-tw/product/HP0177-NPHB00228_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:29)
- https://store.playstation.com/fr-fr/product/EP0177-NPEB00304_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:26)
- https://store.playstation.com/en-au/product/EP0177-NPEB00304_00-DCCSONICADVDXAC0 (archived: 2018-04-03 17:27)
|Sonic games for the following systems|
|2010 Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I | Sonic Adventure 2011 Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | Sonic the Hedgehog Anniversary Bundle | Sonic the Hedgehog CD 2012 Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II | Sonic Adventure 2 | Classic Sonic Bundle | Sonic the Fighters 2013 Sonic the Hedgehog Master Collection|
|2007 Sonic the Hedgehog | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 2009 Sonic the Hedgehog 3 | Sonic & Knuckles 2010 Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I | Sonic Adventure 2011 Sonic the Hedgehog CD 2012 Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode II | Sonic Adventure 2 | Sonic the Fighters|