Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (review)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (review)|
|Prerelease of: Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut|
|System: Nintendo Gamecube|
|Source: NR disc|
|Found by: drx|
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (review) for the GameCube was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 Proto Release. This is likely a disc that was sent to gaming press for reviews for their publications.
- The most obvious difference from the final is that the Tiny Chao Garden minigame, as well as the Chao Garden system itself, is incomplete. The most incomplete Chao Garden is the Egg Carrier's. To make sure no one could enter the Egg Carrier's Chao Garden, a collision barrier was added so that no one could use the teleporter. However, you can enter any garden by default from one garden to another.
- There are little debug features enabled in this build. Debugging text can be seen when entering/exiting the Chao Gardens for a brief moment on screen.
- Even though the main language setting is English, the backdrop of the main menu is still in Japanese. Even with the English language selected during game play, characters will still make Japanese only sound effects.
- There are many small differences in this build regarding textures. Most areas have their final textures, however, some are still using the original textures from the Dreamcast release. There are many differences in regards to other maps as well. The map in which you fight Chaos for the first time is missing the door in front of the building, while still using most of the textures from the final build of DX.
- The Tornado models during the Sky Chase maps are still using the Sonic Jam models for both Sonic and Tails. When the Tornado is crashing down, both models are from the Dreamcast version.
- Many music cues that play in Twinkle Park (for example, the merry-go-round tune) do not play correctly.
- Twinkle Park also adds arrows on most of the floors to show you where to go. Sonic also has trouble getting up the stairs near the end of this stage, which never happens in any other build.
|Sonic Adventure / Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut|