From Sonic Retro
Concept art (cropped), the full sized version is here
Rock Zone is a scrapped level in Sonic 2 referred to in the concept artwork of an unused enemy called "Banper" (probably a mis-transliteration of "Bumper"). This level was originally planned as the "past" version of Dust Hill Zone, but the idea of time travel was quickly dropped and the level probably was never implemented in this game.
As a side note, "Rock Zone" is just a description, or working name, and not the proper name of the zone.
- Banper - Rock badnik, It has bumpers. And if Sonic touches the bumpers it'll bounce him in the opposite direction.
| Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)
Main Article (KiS2)
Music: OSV / OST
Cheat Codes (KiS2)
Welcome to the Next Level
To see all print and TV advertisements, visit the Advertisements page.
Enemies and Obstacles
Scrapped Enemies and Obstacles:
These are cheat codes which can be accessed by inputting button sequences or by various other methods.
Note: in cheat codes, + signifies that the buttons must be held simultaneously.
For a list of all codes, see Cheat Codes:Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit).
- Zone Select: Play tunes 19, 65, 09, 17 on the options screen, + on title screen.
- 14 Continues: Play tunes 01, 01, 02, 04 on the options screen. An incorrect sound command is issued, causing OOZ music to continue playing until a reset.
- Super Sonic: Play tunes 04, 01, 02, 06 on the zone select sound test, an emerald sound triggers, select zone, hold until Sonic appears.
- Debug mode + Slow-motion/Restart: Play tunes 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04 on the zone select sound test, a ring sound triggers, select zone, hold until Sonic appears.
- Super Sonic + Debug: Play tunes 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04, 01, 02, 06 on the zone select sound test, a ring sound triggers after 04 and an emerald sound triggers after 06, select zone, hold until Sonic appears.