Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 7)
From Sonic Retro
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Beta 7 for the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. It is also known as S2BETA7.
- Level Select code: , , , , , , highlight 1 player, then press + .
- Debug code: , , , , , , , , highlight 1 player, then press + .
- "Sonic and "Tails" in" appears instead of "Miles 'Tails' Prower."
- Sound does not stop when the game is paused.
- Only Up and Down work at the level select.
- Sound test option at level select is glitchy until highlighted.
- "Option" instead of "Options".
- "Sonic only" and "Tails only" instead of xx alone.
- No Hidden palace, no wood zone, similar to the final.
- This is the first Sonic 2 prototype since Beta 4 where Debug works.
- Robotnik's final robot still starts in the center.
- The laser sound effects that hit Tails' plane are slightly different.
- Boss music doesn't play during Wing Fortress Zone boss.
- When Sonic jumps onto the biplane at the end of Wing Fortress Zone, the jump sound plays twice.
- In the Special Stage, the "(x) rings to go!" message is active; it was not in previous betas. However, even if you have 0 rings to go, the message stays on-screen until the "Cool!"/"Not Enough Rings..." message appears instead of disappearing as in the final.
- Still contains the Tails megascore glitch.
- When a level is clear with Super Sonic, Sonic doesn't change back to normal Sonic and the ring counter still drains rings until it hits zero.
Sonic Retro discussion thread