Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 7)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2|
| Developer: Sonic Team,|
Sega Technical Institute
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 1 MB|
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 7)
File: Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_(Beta_7_-_Sep_24,_1992,_09.26)_(hidden-palace.org).zip (730 kB) (info)
- Level Select code: , , , , , , highlight 1 player, then press + .
- Debug code: , , , , , , , , highlight 1 player, then press + .
- The title screen is the same as Beta 6.
- "Sonic and Miles in" appears instead of "Sonic and Miles 'Tails' Prower in".
- Sound does not stop when the game is paused.
- Only Up and Down work at the level select.
- Sound test option at level select is glitchy until highlighted.
- "Option" instead of "Options".
- "Sonic only" and "Tails only" instead of xx alone.
- No Hidden palace, no wood zone, similar to the final.
- This is the first Sonic 2 prototype since Beta 4 where Debug works.
- Robotnik's final robot still starts in the center.
- The laser sound effects that hit Tails' plane are slightly different.
- Boss music doesn't play during Wing Fortress Zone boss.
- When Sonic jumps onto the biplane at the end of Wing Fortress Zone, the jump sound plays twice.
- In the Special Stage, the "(x) rings to go!" message is active; it was not in previous betas. However, even if you have 0 rings to go, the message stays on-screen until the "Cool!"/"Not Enough Rings..." message appears instead of disappearing as in the final.
- Still contains the Tails megascore glitch.
- When a level is clear with Super Sonic, Sonic doesn't change back to normal Sonic and the ring counter still drains rings until it hits zero.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
|This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by.|