Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 8)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2|
| Developer: Sonic Team,|
Sega Technical Institute
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
|ROM size: 1 MB|
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 8)
File: Sonic_The_Hedgehog_2_(Beta_8_-_Sep_24,_1992,_19.27)_(hidden-palace.org).zip (732 kB) (info)
- Level select code is the same as in the final, and the new level select screen is done. The debug code from the final doesn't work. The old codes also work.
- Level Select code: , , , , , , highlight 1 player, then press + . Using 19, 65, 9, 17 in the sound test works in this build as well.
- Debug code: , , , , , , , , highlight 1 player, then press + .
- The title screen is identical to the final, but "Options" is misspelled as "Option".
- "Sonic and "Tails" in:" (or Sonic and Miles, depending on your region).
- In Chemical Plant Zone Act 2, the huge shortcut with the three boxes that leads straight to the boss has two super rings and a life, while in the final it's two super rings and an invincibility.
- In Aquatic Ruin Zone Act 1, there is an invincibility monitor and a ring monitor on top of the first loop that are not present in the final.
- Hidden Palace Zone is removed.
- The boss of Wing Fortress Zone only takes one hit to defeat.
- The final boss in Death Egg Zone is closer to the entrance in this build. Sonic does not run past Robotnik after defeating the Giant Mech, as in previous builds.
- Ending sequence and credits are implemented.
- Super Sonic doesn't change back to normal Sonic when a level is clear, this causes the ring counter to still drain until it hits zero.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|