Sonic the Hedgehog 059 (IDW)
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Hedgehog #59
"Urban Warfare, Part 3"
|← Previous issue | Next issue →
|Androids everywhere! Three teams are trapped in Eggperial City, fighting wave after wave of androids. Sonic is speeding, Amy is smashing, Tails is flying. Shadow is punching, Omega is ripping, Rouge is…looting. But will it be enough? And has anyone seen Tangle?!
Urban Warfare, Part 3
In the Eggperial City, Sonic, Tails, Amy, Blaze and Silver meet up with Team Dark while battling Badniks. Turns out Rouge called in Shadow and Omega to help deal with the current problem. Soon enough, Dr. Eggman makes an announcement to the heroes. He sends in his army of Shadow Androids from the Shadow the Hedgehog video game to deal with them. Meanwhile, the new Diamond Cutters Tangle, Whisper and Lanolin spy on Eggman chowing down on popcorn with Orbot, Cubot and Metal Sonic. Whisper sees the Shadow Androids and panics as she remembers the tragedy of the original Diamond Cutters, but Tangle helps to keep her together.
When battling the Shadow Androids, Rouge comments that now would be a good time for some of Shadow's fancy powers. Shadow tells her it's impossible without a Chaos Emerald, but Tails informs him he can use the crystals around that are generating Chaos Energy. Shadow tries to channel the fake emeralds power and temporarily gets the upper hand in the battle. Sonic even comments that maybe he should give it a try. Then Shadow realizes he took in too much energy, and a huge explosion is created around him. More crystals started growing faster but Eggman activated an emergency limiter on it.
Once Eggman got power restored and EggNet towers rebooted, he noticed the spies in the room. He immediately realizes they ran into his spatial-displacement trap, so they were able to be invisible until the power dipped. Eggman then fires up the new version of the trap that should scatter their atoms into oblivion. He successfully uses it on Whisper and Lanolin, but Tangle manages to get away by phasing through the wall.
- Story so far: A brief recap of events that have happened in previous issues, reprinting relevant panels.
- A quick reference guide to new readers about the characters, providing data files on Sonic, Tangle, Whisper, Lanolin, Amy, Tails, Silver, Blaze, Shadow, Rouge, E-123 Omega and Dr. Eggman.
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Creator Corner: An interview with a member of the comic staff. This issue interviews Natalie Haines.
- Raw artwork of each of this issue's variant covers.
- Story: Evan Stanley
- Art: Adam Bryce Thomas
- Colors: Valentina Pinto
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Editors: Riley Farmer, David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
- https://prhcomics.com/book/?isbn=82771401521805911 (Wayback Machine: 2023-04-19 14:47)