Sonic the Hedgehog 002 (IDW)
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Hedgehog #2
"Fallout Part 2"
|← Previous issue | Next issue →
|Sonic’s new adventure continues, and when he comes across another town in need of saving, his old pal Amy arrives just in time to join the fight! The banter is fun, and the stakes are high, but things get really serious when Amy presents Sonic with a big request: rejoin the Resistance!
Fallout Part 2
This issue begins with Sonic chasing a Super Badnik to a small town. The hedgehog proceeds to destroy the badnik with a well-timed Spindash, however, once he is finished, the badnik begins to get up again. Thankfully, Amy bashes it one last time with her Piko Piko Hammer via sneak attack. Amy found Sonic specifically to try to get him to rejoin The Resistance. Sonic swiftly declines, explaining to her that Tails said something about the way the badniks are attacking the various towns. They seemed to be more organized than that of Dr. Eggman, who has not had anything to do with the current badnik army. So Sonic decided to go his separate ways to look for clues.
In the middle of their conversation, word has quickly spread that the Super Badnik Sonic just destroyed was a fake, attempting to distract them from a large wave of badniks. Sonic and Amy briefly team up to bash some badniks before taking out a cargo ship full of the robots. Amy asks one more time for Sonic to join The Resistance again, but again, he refuses. Amy decides it's probably for the best, and lets him go, but not before offering some directions to where Knuckles may be.
Meanwhile, the mysterious figure spying on Sonic has not predicted for how much Amy has improved over the years. Sonic is straying from his predicted path, but on his way to Knuckles, Orbot suggests that Sonic may run into a couple of thieves...
- Sonic Letters Squad: Reader letters and artwork, with replies from the comic staff.
- Free Digital Ashcan: Skylanders: SuperChargers #1
- Written by: Ian Flynn
- Art by: Adam Bryce Thomas
- Letters by: Corey Breen
- Edited by: Joe Hughes & David Mariotte
- Published by: Greg Goldstein
- Special thanks to: Anoulay Tsai, Mai Kiyotaki, Aaron Webber, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
- https://www.newsarama.com/38304-idw-publishing-april-2018-solicitations.html (Wayback Machine: 2018-01-24 20:35)