From Sonic Retro
Emblems (エンブレム Enburemu) are collectible items that appear in Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes. These items resemble giant rings with wings and ribbons, reminiscent of title screens from the classic games, and sport Sonic on them (or the team symbols in Heroes). These items are used to gauge game progress, and also unlock new mini-games, characters, levels or achievements/trophies depending on how many a player collects. There are 130 emblems to collect in Sonic Adventure, 180 in Sonic Adventure 2, and 120 in Sonic Heroes.
Emblems can be obtained in a number of ways:
- Completing levels and objectives.
- Achieving an A-Rank in all levels.
- Completing a character/team's story.
- Completing mini-games such as the Chao Race or Kart Race.
- Finding them in Adventure Fields.
Emblems also appear in Sonic Shuffle, though in that game they are handed out to players at the end of a board as prizes for certain accomplishments, with the player having the most emblems and rings being declared the winner. They are awarded for the following achievements:
- Collecting Precioustones. (One is awarded for each Precioustone collected)
- Having the most Rings at the end of the board.
- Winning the Stage Clear mini-game at the end of the board.
- Fulfilling the board's quest.
- Winning the most duels. (Versus Mode only)