Mecha Sonic (Death Egg Zone boss)
From Sonic Retro
(Redirected from Mecha Sonic (Death Egg Zone Boss))
|Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
|Level: Death Egg Zone (mini-boss)|
|Hits to defeat: 8|
|Fought by: Sonic or Tails|
- For other appearances or other robots by this name, see Mecha Sonic.
Mecha Sonic is the penultimate boss of 16-bit Sonic 2, appearing almost the moment Sonic steps into Death Egg Zone. A very difficult opponent in its own right, Mecha Sonic directly precedes the game's final battle against his creator Doctor Robotnik.
After the door to the battle arena closes behind a ring-less Sonic, Mecha Sonic descends using jet shoes - although he dosn't use them to hover during the rest of the fight, unlike the 8-bit version. The boss has four principal attacks:
- Rocket-boosting across the ground, sliding to turn around, and then coming back to his starting point.
- Curling up into a ball and rolling across the screen (similar to Sonic's Spin Dash).
- Curling up into a ball, then jumping across the screen.(this can be avoided by using a Spin Dash)
- If the fight progresses for long enough, Mecha Sonic starts shooting out needles during his jumps.
The pattern the boss uses these attacks in is the exact same every time it is fought.
Robotnik watches the battle through a TV screen in the center of the arena, grinning maniacally throughout. Once Mecha Sonic is defeated, Sonic chases the (surprisingly fast) man until he leaps into the game's last boss, Dr. Robotnik's Giant Mech.
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|