The Northstar Islands as seen in the opening animation.
|| This teeny-tiny article needs some work. You can help Sonic Retro by expanding it.
The Northstar Islands (ノーススター諸島), also spelled as the North Star Islands, are an archipelago of islands that serve as the setting for Sonic Superstars. The islands are best known for having animals that are larger than those found in other locations.
|| This short section needs expansion. You can help Sonic Retro by adding to it.
- Bridge Island Zone, a Green Hill-esque coastline.
- Speed Jungle Zone, a lush jungle with abandoned machinery.
- Sky Temple Zone, a floating island.
- Pinball Carnival Zone, an amusement park with pinball areas.
- Lagoon City Zone, a ruined city submerged in water.
- Sand Sanctuary Zone, a desert region.
- Press Factory Zone, a mechanical Eggman-themed factory.
- Golden Capital Zone, an ancient locale filled with lava traps and pinball-like areas.
- Cyber Station Zone, a digital realm with pixelated aesthetic.
- Frozen Base Zone, a frozen and industrialized landscape.