In the PC version of the game, if the Settings.ini file is edited with the line 'devMenu=1' within the '[Game]' section, then a dev menu can be accessed by pressing Esc in-game. This menu was used by the dev team to quickly access various sections of the game, and includes:
- Presentation: Dev logos screen, Title Menu, "Thanks for Playing" screen, Level Select menu, Staff Credits, and Continue screens.
- Mania Demo: Access to the Green Hill Zone and Studiopolis Zone demos playable at the 25th Sonic Anniversary Event.
- Mania Mode: A separate level select screen.
- Special Stage: A selection of all Mania Special Stages
- Blue Spheres: Access to any Blue Spheres stage, including options for 'Random' and 'Random 2' which chooses a random Bonus Stage from original and Mania mode, respectively.
- Extras: Allows selection of Puyo Puyo mode and the D.A. Garden.
- Cutscenes: A list of the cutscenes in the game, which can be jumped to.
- Videos: The various ending animations.
- Sonic Discovery title
- I'm outta here
- Heavy Mystic
Unused Love tester
These are sprites of an unused slot machine, found by Dolphman of The Spriter's Resource. It could have funtioned similarly to Casino Night Zone's slots. Maybe the player could hop in and be paid, or robbed of, rings depending on how many Amys or Robotniks they get.
Old Act 1 Layout
- Unused tiles (get map)
- Unused boss bits