From Sonic Retro
These are cheat codes which can be accessed by inputting button sequences or by various other methods.
Cheat Codes, All Versions
- Unlock Amy in the Sound Test menu: In the 'colour test' screen (accessible via the 'options' menu), change the left-hand colour bars to <00><00><00>, <06><0B><11> and <00><08><17>, going from top-to-bottom.
- Level Select & ingame Debug Mode: Again, enter the 'colour test' screen via the 'options' menu. This time, enter on the left-hand side of the screen <06><0B><11> and <04><00><04>, again looking from top-to-bottom. During gameplay, press Start to pause the game - you can now move freely around the level. Notes:
- World Entrance Level 0 is the normal world lobby, level 1 is the penultimate boss, level 2 is Metal Sonic Kai, and all the others crash the game.
- Special Stages number from 0 (0 is the first, 1 is the second, etc.). Each Special Stage starts you off with 200 rings. Once completed, a Special Stage takes you back to the title screen. After completing a Special Stage, and regardless of which one, Not Used level 0 will show the bad ending (but not the screen with the Chaos Rings).
- Activate 'Hidden' Character: To activate Wechnia, select the character labeled as '**********', then begin a game as usual. Note that this character occupies the second character slot, the first being Mighty the Armadillo - a sprite edit of Sonic from the Crackers beta (presumably the first character) and Tails (the deleted '**********' character). In earlier protos Wechnia has flying capabilities.
Game Enhancer Codes
These are cheat codes that can only be used with game enhancer devices. Support for these codes is available in most emulators.
|SAXT-DTWA||Rings Are Worth 4.|
|BC2A-EB2L||Infinite Time/Your Ring Count Constantly Increase If it reaches zero.|
|RE8T-A6XN + AN8T-AAE0||Enable Level Select.|
|RFHA-A6TY + RFHA-A6W8 + AJLT-CA8W||Enable Debug Mode.|
|AAPT-CAF4||It Doesn't Cost Any Rings To Call Your Partner (It Usually Costs 10 Rings).|
|SAPT-CNF2||Gain 10 Rings Everytime You Call Your Partner (Don't combine with the "It doesn't cost any rings to call your partner" code).|
|SAPT-CNF2 + NTPT-CAF4||Gain 100 Rings Everytime You Call Your Partner (Press A) (Don't combine with the "It doesn't cost any rings to call your partner" code).|
|AKGA-AA3L||Keep Rings Between Levels.|
|AC9A-BAGR||Knuckles Has Mega Jump.|
|AEYA-CAG2 + AEDA-CADJ + AEET-CABA||You Only Have To Have 1 Ring To Access The Special Stages At The End of Levels (You Normally Need 50 Rings).|
Pro Action Replay
|FFE009:63||Have Infinite 99 Rings.|
|FFADB8:01||Always Have Shield (Leader)|
|FFAE78:01||Always Have Shield (Partner)|
|FFADFC:01||Have Speed Shoes (Leader).|
|FFAEBC:01||Have Speed Shoes (Partner).|
|FFADC1:05||Enable Grow (Leader) (Only works if Always Have Shield is enabled).|
|FFAE81:05||Enable Grow (Partner) (Only works if Always Have Shield is enabled).|
|FFE01B:06||Have All Chaos Rings.|
|FFDFFE:0606 + FFE000:0606 + FFE002:0606||All Levels Cleared (After completing a level).|
(Any other value will crash the game)
|FFDFF5:0?||Stage Number Modifier (1-5 for normal levels)|
|FFDFF7:0?||Time of Day Modifier (0=Morning, 2=Day, 4=Sunset, 6=Night)|
|FFFFED:FF||Amy Appears In Sound Test.|
|FFFCEA:0?||Attachment To Partner Modifier (0=Not Attatched, 5=Attatched).|
|FFFFEC:FF00||Enable Debug Mode|
|FFFFEE:FF00||Enable Level Select (Pick "Stage Select" At The Main Screen).|
|FFE20E:0500||Play As Bomb The Mechanic (Must Use At The "Player Select" Screen).|
|FFE20E:0600||Play As Heavy The Mechanic (Must Use At The "Player Select" Screen).|