Bonus Stage (Chaotix)
From Sonic Retro
|Bonus Stage (Chaotix)|
|Special level, Chaotix|
The Bonus Stage for Chaotix can be accessed through giant rings throughout each of the regular levels that appear when the player has 20 rings. In the Bonus Stage, the character is in a constant free-fall downwards, with various boxes scattered throughout the area. As in the special stage, ring count serves as the timer, with one ring deducted per second. The stage ends when all rings are used up or when the player hits an "EXIT" box.
Various items included in the stage are:
- Ring - Keep grabbing these to add seconds to the timer. If you run out of rings, the stage ends.
- Yellow spring - Player bounces back upwards a short distance. Breaks after 3 hits.
- Red spring - Player bounces back upwards a long distance. Breaks after 3 hits.
- Ring 10 - Adds 10 Rings to total
- 500pts. - Adds 500 points to score
- Speed Up - Increases the free-fall speed
- Speed Down - Decreases the free-fall speed
- Damage - Subtracts 10 Rings from your total
- Slot - With this item active, the Attraction Slot in the World Entrance will slow down enough to easily select a stage
- Combi - With this item active, the Combi Catcher in the World Entrance will slow down enough to easily select your partner
- EXIT - Fall into the exit block to end the stage
Sonic CD connection
In the ending movie for Sonic CD, there is a small segment between 1:03 and 1:05 during the Collision Chaos Zone animation showing Sonic dropping down to hit boxes much in the same way as the bonus stages in Chaotix. This is assumed to be another one of the links between the two games, which were developed by much of the same staff.