Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
From Sonic Retro
|Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
|Developer: Sora Ltd., Bandai Namco Games Inc.|
|System(s): Nintendo Switch|
|ROM size: 16 GB|
|Number of players: 1-8|
|This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by.|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ SPECIAL) is the fifth in a series of fighting games featuring Nintendo characters, as well as third-party characters including Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man and Bayonetta. This game also supports amiibo, including the Sonic amiibo.
Inclusion of Sonic the Hedgehog
On June 12th, 2018, it was announced during the E3 Nintendo Direct that every single playable character from the past four games will return. Among them is Sonic the Hedgehog, marking his third appearance as a fighter in the series.
In addition, the Green Hill Zone stage from Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the Windy Hill Zone stage from Super Smash Bros. for Wii U make a return. Shadow the Hedgehog reprises his role as an Assist Trophy for the third time, using Chaos Control to slow down time once again, along with the addition of two new Assist Trophies: Knuckles the Echidna, who attacks opponents by punching, digging and using the Homing Attack when summoned; and Akira Yuki from Virtua Fighter, appearing in his polygonal form from the original game.
Like in previous Smash games, this game has a large selection of over 900 music tracks which can be played in stages, and the player can adjust how likely each available song will play on each stage with the "My Music" feature, or choose to have a specific song play when selecting a stage. 20 of the songs in the game come from Sonic games, and all of them play on both Green Hill Zone and Windy Hill Zone. The only remix the Sonic series gets is the Angel Island Zone remix from Brawl; there are no new remixes made for this series. Most of the songs here are available from the start, while those listed in bold must be unlocked.
- Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit))
- Scrap Brain Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit))
- Emerald Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit))
- Angel Island Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 3) - Brawl remix composed by Jun Senoue.
- Sonic Boom (Sonic the Hedgehog CD)
- Super Sonic Racing (Sonic R)
- Open Your Heart (Sonic Adventure)
- Escape from the City (Sonic Adventure 2)
- Live & Learn (Sonic Adventure 2)
- Sonic Heroes (Sonic Heroes)
- His World (Instrumental) (Sonic the Hedgehog (2006))
- Seven Rings in Hand (Sonic and the Secret Rings)
- Knight of the Wind (Sonic and the Black Knight)
- Reach for the Stars (Sonic Colors)
- Rooftop Run (Sonic Generations)
- Wonder World (Sonic Lost World)
- Windy Hill - Zone 1 (Sonic Lost World)
- Lights, Camera, Action! (Studiopolis Zone Act 1) (Sonic Mania)
- Fist Bump (Sonic Forces)
- Sunset Heights (Sonic Forces)
|Super Smash Bros. series|
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (2014) | Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014) | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018)|