From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 11:14, 22 September 2021 by BSonirachi (talk | contribs) (→Enemies)
|Sonic Rush Adventure|
|Fourth level, Sonic Rush Adventure|
|Number of Acts: 3 (including boss stage)|
|Level theme: spooky/supernatural|
|Played as: Sonic or Blaze|
|Boss: Ghost Pirate|
|Underwater areas: No|
| Non-English names:|
|← Coral Cave | Blizzard Peaks →|
Haunted Ship is the fourth stage of Sonic Rush Adventure. As with other stages in the game, Haunted Ship consists of two standard Acts followed by a dedicated boss Act. Silver Material can be found here.
Captain Whisker stole the Jewelled Scepter from Coral Cave while the Ghost Kraken kept Sonic and Blaze distracted; after the robot pirate escapes with it, the heroes are fresh out of leads. Blaze tells Tails to see if he can rig up a radio mast on Southern Island, to see if there's any electromagnetic activity that might point them in the direction of a clue. This requires Sonic to go searching for more Material; but eventually, the tower is built and signals are detected coming from the eastern fogs.
Sailing in that direction, Sonic, Blaze, Tails, and Marine find a small island, and thereupon Kylok, a member of the Coconut Crew. The koala tells them that a reputedly haunted region lies further east; Marine, scared of ghosts, is determined not to admit any fear to her "crew". The team press on and eventually arrive in this spooky sea.
This is the first main level where the player is given a choice of taking Sonic or Blaze into the stage. Blaze is usually the preferred choice, as her Axel Tornado move (Spring, +) gets significantly more height than Sonic's Hop Jump - a considerable advantage when bouncing around the elastic rigging.
This place is a nautical graveyard; rotting, half-sunken sailing ships litter the fog-wreathed waters, while robotic ghosts and skeletons clamber across the ancient rigging. Sonic and Blaze have to bounce along elastic ropes, climbing in skeletal barrels and giant cannons to blast from wreck to wreck. Captain Whisker hides out here, so not all of the ships are decrepit; when pirate galleons arrive in the background, there's a broadside on the way, so the player must run as fast as they can.
- Blue Ropes - Much of the level is dominated by them. The player can bounce off them and perform Trick Actions. The player can jump higher if they land on one very hard or jump on it more than one time in a row.
- Anchors - Wrapped round the masts. The rope twirls around until the anchor eventually throws the player off sideways; Trick Actions can be performed from it. This gimmick takes a while and is a good one to skip during Time Attack.
- Skeleton Barrels - There are various types found hanging from ropes. If they are dark brown, they will come down and capture the player and go back up in the air. If the player keeps pressing , they can break free. Usually a hindrance, though sometimes can take the player to a higher area. It's best to avoid them during a Time Attack.
- Small Breakable Barrels - Can contain Springs or Item Boxes.
- Cannons - The level's 3D section, the player goes through a series of hoops, each having either the , or button on it. If the player presses the corresponding button when the button turns orange (as they go through the hoop), they can earn Combo Stars, but pressing at the wrong time or the wrong button will lose the Combo.
- Background ships - These ships will chase the player from the background during certain sections, lobbing projectiles in the player's general direction along the way. This generally isn't a hazard if the player keeps moving to the right at maximum possible speed.
|Bomb Ghost — Ghost-like robots that appear and disappear, and attack by throwing bombs.|
|Kaizoku Skeleton — Skeleton robots that will throw bones at the player.|
|Skull Fire — They try to attach to the player to drastically slow them down. Get rid of them by activating Super/Fire Boost.|
|Sonic Rush Adventure|
Songs: "A New Venture"