Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (GC Preview Disc Demo)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (GC Preview Disc Demo)|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut was one of several games included in the standalone Nintendo GameCube Preview Disc for the Nintendo GameCube. This preview disc was released in North America on May 20, 2003, and was available as a standalone game disc for $10 MSRP as well as through certain GameCube bundles. In addition to Sonic Adventure DX, it also contained playable demos for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, Viewtiful Joe, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, and SoulCalibur 2.
In addition to the playable demos, preview videos for the following games are included: SoulCalibur 2, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III, F-Zero, NCAA Football 2004, Madden NFL 2004, Viewtiful Joe, and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. An informational video describing the ESRB rating system is also included.
Two Game Boy Advance demos are also included: WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! and Dr. Mario. To play these games, a Game Boy Advance or Game Boy Advance SP must be connected to the system using the Nintendo GameCube Game Boy Advance Link Cable.
- Each character in the Sonic Adventure DX demo has one playable level.
- The Sega, Sonic Team, and CRI screens are absent from the demo. The intro video is present, but isn't played initially; if the title screen is left idling for around 30 seconds, the intro video is played.
- The character select screen has two additional boxes at the bottom. One box displays the character name, and its text color is changed according to the character. The second box displays the level name.
- Prior to the start of each level, a Control Instruction screen is displayed indicating the control scheme for that specific character. The character's theme song is played on this screen. (This is also accessible in the final version of SADX as well as SA1 for Dreamcast, but is usually optional.)
- If the level objective is completed, the Emblem counter will be incremented from 0 to 1, but the counter is reset back to 0 after the game goes back to the title screen.
- The button does not function during gameplay.
- After completing the level, a "Thanks for Playing!" screen will appear, followed by the game resetting to the title screen. This also happens if you get a Game Over. (The Game Over screen does not show up.)
- Level: Emerald Coast
- Objective: Collect 50 rings and destroy the capsule! (Level B)
- Upgrades present: None
- Tails is present, and can be controlled if a controller is plugged into control port 2.
- Level: Ice Cap
- Objective: Find the Emerald before Sonic! (Level C)
- Upgrades present: None
- Level: Final Egg
- Objective: Evade Zero and grab the balloon! (Level C)
- Upgrades present: None (unusual; in SA1 and SADX, you're required to obtain the Warrior Feather before entering Hot Shelter.)