From Sonic Retro
Revision as of 05:56, 12 May 2019 by Black Squirrel
Power Sneakers, also known as Super Shoes, High-Speed Shoes, Speed Boots and Fleet Feet (and usually High Speed (ハイスピード) in Japan) are a common feature of Sonic the Hedgehog games, allowing a character to accelerate faster and hit a higher top speed for a short period. They were first seen in the 1991 Sega Mega Drive release of Sonic the Hedgehog and have appeared in some form in most Sonic games made since.
Power Sneakers are usually accompanied by either by an increased tempo of the in-game music, or in more recent times, a dedicated jingle. The latter method is generally seen on platforms where speeding up the music cannot be achieved for technical reasons (for example, Sonic the Hedgehog CD where audio is streamed from a CD-ROM at a set rate).
- File:Sonic1 MD US SonicJam manual.pdf, page 5
- File:Sonic2 MD US SonicJam manual.pdf, page 7
- File:Chaotix 32X US manual.pdf, page 20
- File:SonicGenerations 360 UK manual.pdf, page 12
- File:S&K MD US SonicJam manual.pdf, page 7
- File:SonicAdventure DC US manual.pdf, page 13
- File:SonicAdventure2 DC US manual.pdf, page 21
- File:SonicAdvance GBA US manual.pdf, page 22
- File:Sonic R Sega Saturn US Manual.pdf, page 15
- File:Sonic1 MD JP manual.pdf, page 21
- File:Sonic3 MD JP SonicJam manual.pdf, page 10
- File:SonicAdventure DC JP manual.pdf, page 12