Sonic & Knuckles (prototype 0606)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic & Knuckles (prototype 0606)|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|System(s): Sega Mega Drive|
Sonic & Knuckles Prototype 0606 for the Sega Mega Drive was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. This is the first known build that works alone. It is nearly complete, having fewer differences from the final version.
|Download Sonic & Knuckles (prototype 0606)
File: Sonic & Knuckles (Prototype 0606 - Jun 06, 1994, 10.02) (hidden-palace.org).zip (1.22 MB) (info)
These cheats can only be used when locked-on to Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
- Level Select: Once the title screen appears, press , then select "Sound Test".
- Debug Mode: Debug is enabled when the Level Select is enabled. Press and hold while selecting a level on the Level Select screen.
- All Chaos Emeralds: At the Sound Test, play songs 02, 04, 06, 08.
- The title screen's fade-in palette is bugged.
- The Sonic 3 title screen now displays "& Knuckles" when locked-on.
- Title cards still display "Sonic 3".
- When entering a giant ring with a shield, the shield remains on-screen when the character disappears.
- Pressing while the game is paused returns you to the level select screen rather than the SEGA logo screen.
- When the game resets after the ending, or if you return to the level select screen from the Emerald Shrine, the SEGA screen and menus will turn pink. Going into normal gameplay will rectify the issue.
- Playing on a Japanese system now removes the trademark symbols from the SEGA logo and title screen, but Tails' life counter still doesn't become "Miles" even though the results tally changes to "Miles".
- When locked-on to Sonic 1 or any other game, you will get the "NO WAY!" screen as normal, but you cannot play Blue Sphere yet.
- The Screw Mobile's twister in Hydrocity Act 2 still glitches out Super/Hyper forms like it did in Sonic 3.
- The Marble Garden Act 1 miniboss crash glitch from Sonic 3 that can be achieved with a second player is still present.
- Tails still continues to have the snowboard graphics problem in IceCap Act 1.
- The Mushroom Hill Act 2 boss's starting position is still shifted to the left slightly from the final. This allows you to score endless hits on the boss without destroying the satellite, and the battle won't start until you hit the satellite itself, thus it was changed in the final so the player cannot do this. The first 7 hits on the boss will count towards defeating it after destroying the satellite.
- Flying Battery Act 2 has a missing giant ring right before the boss (coordinates 25A0076C in debug mode).
- Knuckles' boulder in Lava Reef Act 2 won't cancel your Super/Hyper form.
- Upon reaching the boss in the Lava Reef Act 2 boss area, the boss music fades out and restarts.
- After defeating the Lava Reef Act 2 boss, the lava does not cool until the results tally finishes. In the final, it cools the instant the player opens the capsule.
- The normal level music does not play after the results tally finishes at the end of Lava Reef Act 2.
- If you have all the Chaos Emeralds when accessing Hidden Palace via a giant ring, the game will think you have none, and thus won't convert them into Super Emeralds.
- It only takes one hit to defeat Knuckles in Hidden Palace in this build.
- In Hidden Palace, Sonic has the ability to free-roam and hit Robotnik when he takes the Master Emerald.
- Knuckles's music keeps playing until Eggman appears in Hidden Palace. In the final, after you beat Knuckles, the Lava Reef Act 2 / Hidden Palace music plays.
- If Death Egg's final boss is defeated while it's firing its laser, the laser stays on screen while it explodes.
- Defeating the Death Egg final boss as Knuckles will play a glitched version of Sonic's ending with Knuckles in place of Sonic. In the final, the game resets to the SEGA screen.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread
|Sonic & Knuckles|