Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 5)
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 5)|
|Prerelease of: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
|System: Sega Mega Drive|
|Build date: 1992-09-21|
|ROM size: 1 MB|
|Source: Sega ROM Archive CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
This prototype was released by drx during the February 23rd, 2008 proto release. It is the first version with the final title screen style (choice between 1 and 2 player); it's also the last without an Options selection on it. It uses the old Sonic 1-style level select with the same Zone names as Beta 4, but the level select appears behind Sonic and Tails. Sonic on the title screen turns black when the player goes into the level select.
- Level select is activated with + .
- Debug is activated by holding when selecting a level at the title screen.
- Debug can also be activated by holding when you die.
- Debug can also be activated by holding when a level begins.
|Main article: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 5)/Comparisons|
- Sometimes, when performing a Spin Dash, Sonic will do it with the running animation.
- A silly Chemical Plant Zone glitch related to the camera scrolling after death is in this beta.
- In the boss arena of Oil Ocean Zone's boss, the oil acts as a bottomless pit.
- In Sky Chase Zone, stand on a turtle, and Sonic can scroll off screen if you wait.
- When Tails gets hurt and lands in Sonic and Tails mode, he uses Sonic's height properties.
|Download Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 5)
File: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Beta 5 - Sep 21, 1992, 12.06) (hidden-palace.org).zip (727 kB) (info)
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (beta 5), prerelease version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|