Sonic and the Secret Rings
From Sonic Retro
|Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|Developer: Sonic Team|
|Number of players: 1-4|
Sonic and the Secret Rings (ソニックと秘密のリング), known as Sonic Wildfire early in development, is a Sonic game released exclusively on the Wii. It is the first installment in the "storybook series", followed by Sonic and the Black Knight. It is also the first 3D Sonic game to feature Sonic as the only playable character. It was released 20 February 2007 in North America. The game was initially conceived of as a port of the 2006 game Sonic the Hedgehog, but was reworked into an original title.
- 1 Story
- 2 Party
- 3 Characters
- 4 Unlockables
- 5 History
- 6 Versions
- 7 Manuals
- 8 Also released on
- 9 Production credits
- 10 Magazine articles
- 11 Artwork
- 12 Physical scans
- 13 External links
- 14 References
Sonic is sleeping until Shahra the Ring Genie wakes up Sonic and tells him that an evil genie called Erazor Djinn is absorbing power from the book "Arabian Nights" and is making the pages disappear. Shahra mentions to Sonic that a Legendary Blue Hedgehog can stop Erazor. Sonic agrees and puts on a ring that seals a contract between Sonic and Shahra, where she is allowed to grant wishes to Sonic. After putting on the ring Sonic and Shahra both jump into the Arabian Nights book where they are approached by Erazor.
Erazor shoots a burning arrow into Sonic's chest, which forces Sonic to go search for the seven World Rings; if Sonic refuses, he will die, as the arrow is slowly burning his life force. At the final chapter, Erazor attempts to stab Sonic with his blade, but Shahra was caught in Sonic's place. Erazor then absorbs the power of the seven World Rings to become Alf-Layla-wa-Layla. However, his transformation will not complete unless he kills Sonic. But three of the World Rings transform Sonic into Darkspine Sonic who battles Erazor and defeats him.
After defeating Erazor, Sonic takes control of his lamp by wishing that Erazor brings Shahra back to life, change the world back to normal, and go inside his lamp and stay there forever. Erazor, being forced to grant these wishes, does so, and is in his lamp forever. After that Sonic throws Erazor's lamp into the lava. Shahra, who was brought back to life, apologizes for her earlier betrayal, which Sonic accepts.
Party mode is a mini game mode that is similar to the Mario Party games. The characters that are first playable are Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles the Echidna, Tails, and Amy Rose. Shadow the Hedgehog, Blaze the Cat, Silver the Hedgehog, and Cream the Rabbit need to be unlocked by playing the party game. The host of the party is Omochao.
- Shahra the Ring Genie
- Erazor Djinn
- Dr. Eggman (King Shahryar)
- Miles "Tails" Prower (Ali Baba)
- Knuckles the Echidna (Sinbad)
- Big the Cat- Cameo
- Uhu the Wind Genie
- King Solomon
- Pri Ma Djinn
- Kri Ma Djinn
These are unlockables for Sonic and the Secret Rings which can be accessed by obtaining a certain amount of items or reaching certain goals.
Unlockable Elemental Crests
- Dark Crest: 100 Silver Medals.
- Fire Crest: 105 Silver Medals.
- Wind Crest: 110 Silver Medals.
- Bookworm: Play a total time of 24 hours.
- Celebrity: Earned by playing attractions a total of 35 times.
- Chain Striker: Earned by obtaining 200 Ring chains.
- Champion: Win 1st in 120 Party Games.
- Dark Master: Beat 20 missions using at least 5 Dark skills and no Wind/Fire skills.
- Dealer: Earned by winning World Bazaar a total of 7 times.
- Explorer: Earned by winning at Treasure hunt a total of 7 times.
- Extreme Speeder: Use Speed Break a total of 50 times.
- Flame Master: Beat 20 missions using at least 5 Fire skills and no Wind/Dark skills.
- Genie Buster: Defeat a total of 1,000 Genies.
- Grind Performer: Grind a Distance of 30Km (18.64 miles).
- Hero: Defeat Erazor Djinn.
- Pirate: Earned by winning at Pirates Coast a total of 7 times.
- Rebellion: Beat Erazor Djinn at level 25 or lower.
- Record Buster: Set records for all party games that have records.
- Ring Catcher: Collect a total of 10,000 Rings.
- Skill Collector: Unlock every skill available.
- Skill Quinti: Beat 20 missions using 4 or less skills.
- Skill Saver: Beat 30 missions using less than 100 SP.
- Sonic Freak: Use Sonic 30 times in Party Mode.
- Soul Collector: Collect every Fire Soul.
- Star: Earned by playing party games a total of 200 times.
- Super Player: Reach level 99.
- The Ultimate: Collect all Gold Medals.
- Thief: Earned by winning at Genie's Lair a total of 7 times.
- Time Controller: Use Time Break for a total of 300 seconds.
- Trier: Earned by winning Tournament Palace a total of 7 times.
- True Hero: Defeat Alf Layla wa Layla.
- Wind Master: Beat 20 missions using at least 5 Wind skills and no Fire/Dark skills.
- World Traveler: Travel a total of 500 km (310.7 mi).
- Blaze: 105 Fire Souls.
- Cream: 042 Fire Souls.
- Shadow: 030 Fire Souls.
- Silver: 087 Fire Souls.
- Aim! Big Crossbow: 006 Fire Souls.
- Cross! Balance Race: 048 Fire Souls.
- Extreme Difficulty: 114 Fire Souls.
- Final X Adventure: 126 Fire Souls.
- Fly! Ptero-Rider: 078 Fire Souls.
- Put It Out! Big Fire: 060 Fire Souls.
- Reel! Battle Fishing: 024 Fire Souls.
- Row! Canoe Race: 018 Fire Souls.
- Sink 'Em! Pirate Ship: 012 Fire Souls.
- Spin! Propeller Race: 096 Fire Souls.
- Thrust! Bone Knight: 036 Fire Souls.
- Watch Out! Trap: 054 Fire Souls.
- World Bazaar: 069 Fire Souls.
|Main article: Sonic and the Secret Rings/Development|
In the US, a special Target Exclusive edition was available at launch. This edition included a bonus DVD containing an "Interactive Archie comic" based on the game. The game disc itself is identical to the standard edition.
|Language||Localised Name||English Translation|
|English||Sonic and the Secret Rings||Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|Japanese||ソニックと秘密のリング||Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|German||Sonic und die Geheimen Ringe||Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|Spanish||Sonic y los Anillos Secretos||Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|Italian||Sonic e gli Anelli Segreti||Sonic and the Secret Rings|
|Main article: Sonic and the Secret Rings/Manuals|
Also released on
|Main article: Sonic and the Secret Rings/Production credits|
|Main article: sega:Sonic and the Secret Rings/Magazine articles|
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/rfCQjb0GBOXrFl5wZrfTKblYvkOyojnF (Wayback Machine: 2017-06-26 07:56)
- https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii/Sonic-and-the-Secret-Rings-283135.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.fr/Jeux/Wii/Sonic-and-the-Secret-Rings-283135.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.de/Spiele/Wii/Sonic-und-die-Geheimen-Ringe-283135.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.nl/Games/Wii/Sonic-and-the-Secret-Rings-283135.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.es/Juegos/Wii/Sonic-y-los-Anillos-Secretos-283135.html (archive.today)
- https://www.nintendo.it/Giochi/Wii/Sonic-e-gli-Anelli-Segreti-283135.html (archive.today)
- http://sega.jp/wii/sonic/ (Wayback Machine: 2007-01-14 20:24)
|Sonic and the Secret Rings|