Chaotix (prototype 1227)
From Sonic Retro
|Chaotix (prototype 1227)|
|Prerelease of: Chaotix|
|System: Sega 32X|
|Build date: 1994-12-27|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
|Source: CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
|Main article: Chaotix (prototype 1227)/Comparisons|
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
This section needs moving to the comparisons page(s)
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
- Sonic and Tails 1-up monitors are in this build.
- The sprite for Bomb's 1-up monitor is the design of the Bomb badnik from Sonic 1.
- Player Select still has a empty slot.
- There is no sound while in rocket car, and after falling out of the building you get the Combi (NPC) select screen, with the usual 3 question marks.
- Heavy is still called Heaby.
- Cheat menus are accessible by Highlighting OPTION, then Pressing + for Color Test, Pressing + for Sound Test (with preliminary graphics), Pressing + for Jam Out mode, which acts similar to Toejam & Earl. In Jam out mode press , , , or to play the many different DAC samples. , , , or can be held to change between sound banks. + + + will Exit the Jamout menu.
Gameplay and Graphics
- Knuckles features different climbing sprites in this build. Also worth noting that the control is sightly different. You have to keep pressed to climb, otherwise Knuckles falls off.
- It's still called Knuckles Ring Star on the level title cards.
- Apparently, the only way to reach maximum "Ring Power" is by taking small steps after reaching the supposed maximum. Maybe this was made to test different hold distances?
- End signpost looks COMPLETELY different from final, much flatter (the other side is an eggman picture, remains the same in 1229).
- After 10 minutes, the minute counter becomes a ´, at least in Isolated Island.
- If gliding into the Metal Sonic meetup, Espio will get stuck falling (and turns huge) unless the character moves left.
NOTE: To play the prototype in Kega Fusion v3.6 and up, the "Fast 32X Timing" option in the 32X configuration tab must be enabled. For older versions of Kega Fusion, a special release, which can play the prototype, was made available here (info) (268 kB).
|Download Chaotix (prototype 1227)
File: Knuckles'_Chaotix_(32X)_(Prototype_1227_-_Dec_27,_1994,_10.28)_(hidden-palace.org).zip (1.54 MB) (info)
|Chaotix (prototype 1227), prerelease version of Chaotix|