Chaotix (prototype 0119)
From Sonic Retro
|Chaotix (prototype 0119)|
|Prerelease of: Chaotix|
|System: Sega 32X|
|Build date: 1995-01-19|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
|Source: CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
|Main article: Chaotix (prototype 0119)/Comparisons|
| This article needs cleanup.|
This article needs to be edited to conform to a higher standard of article quality. Specifically, issues with this article are:
This section needs moving to the comparisons page(s)
After the article has been cleaned up, you may remove this message. See How to Edit a Page for help.
- The US region title screen still says "Featuring Espio the Chameleon" unlike in the final version.
- Knuckles and Espio still spin in the opening stage but Espio disappears.
- The characters have a quicker acceleration in comparison to the final.
- Debug mode is enabled by default.
- The HUD for powerups is not there.
- You can choose your player before you return to the level hub from the intro level.
- There is the map of Newtrogic High Zone in the Sega screen.
- There is a empty space in the character select screen.
- Also, when you enter the world selection stages, the morning version of the world selection BGM plays, regardless of the time of day.
- Mighty's wallkick is also different from final. You can´t jump up, only for opposite direction.
- In the intro, they got rid of Metal Sonic from the 111 proto, and replaced it with Robotnik repairing the Combi Capsule (or whatever the hell it is). Then Knuckles moves right to Espio, but you can run away from him if you run to the left of him.
- Wechidna can no longer fly now unlike in 0111.
NOTE: To play the prototype in Kega Fusion v3.6 and up, the "Fast 32X Timing" option in the 32X configuration tab must be enabled. For older versions of Kega Fusion, a special release, which can play the prototype, was made available here (info) (268 kB).
|Download Chaotix (prototype 0119)
File: Knuckles'_Chaotix_(32X)_(Prototype_119_-_Jan_19,_1995,_07.04)_(hidden-palace.org).zip (1.59 MB) (info)
Sonic Retro discussion thread
|Chaotix (prototype 0119), prerelease version of Chaotix|