Chaotix (prototype 1229)
From Sonic Retro
|Chaotix (prototype 1229)|
|Prerelease of: Chaotix|
|System: Sega 32X|
|Build date: Dec 30th, 1994|
|ROM size: 4 MB|
|Source: CD-R disc|
|Found by: drx|
NOTE: To play the prototype in Kega Fusion v3.6 and up, the "Fast 32X Timing" option in the 32X configuration tab must be enabled. For older versions of Kega Fusion, a special release, which can play the prototype, was made available here (info) (268 kB).
|Download Chaotix (prototype 1229)
File: Knuckles'_Chaotix_(32X)_(Prototype_1229_-_Dec_30,_1994,_15.31)_(hidden-palace.org).zip (1.84 MB) (info)
Error creating thumbnail:
|Main article: Chaotix (prototype 1229)/Comparisons|
- The US region title screen still says "Featuring Espio the Chameleon" unlike in the final version.
- To climb walls with Knuckles, you must hold the jump button, otherwise he will jump off the wall (much like Vector in the Final).
- Knuckles climbing sprites are different.
- Different end signpost.
- Different Special Stage art.
- When you call your partner, your sprite is in front of their's. Heavy looks so much smaller by comparison.
- When a special stage is successfully completed, the results screen says "Got The Holy Ring" instead of "Got Chaos Ring."
- Newtrogic High is mostly intact, however the Combi Catcher is not yet working. Instead, the makeshift NPC SELECT screen from Time Attack mode is used after your level is chosen.
- The light switch is not present in Amazing Arena, nor is the mini-boss. However, you can complete the level regardless.
External LinksSonic Retro discussion thread