Sonic the Comic 179
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Comic #179|
"Out of Time!"
|Release date: 2000-04-19|
|Country: United Kingdom|
|Free gift: Chewits|
|Writer: Nigel Kitching|
|Pencils: Richard Elson|
|Letters: Ellie de'Ville|
|Editor: Andy Diggle|
|Managing editor: Steve MacManus|
|Cover artist: Richard Elson|
|← Previous issue | Next issue →|
Out of Time!
Back down in the Emerald Hill Zone, Porker is running a few tests on Sonic, trying to find out why coming into contact with Chaos has turned his eyes green. Sonic impatiently steps off of the apparatus, complaining that he feels fine, likes having green eyes and is more concerned about the Chaos Emeralds, showing no concern over a violet glow he kept seeing before. Knuckles is desperately trying to find the Emeralds, but he doesn't know that Dr. Robotnik is blocking all the Emerald signals from the dark dimension. Sonic starts seeing the violet glow again, this time right next to Porker, but neither Porker nor Knuckles can see it. The glow then morphs into the image of a female echidna who, without warning, zaps Sonic with a blast from her staff, causing him to disappear in a puff of smoke.
Sonic rematerialises with the female echidna, now in solid form, in the path of an army of echidnas riding dinosaurs. Sonic grabs the girl and scrambles to the top of a rock, demanding answers, to which the girl explains that she teleported him from the distant future. The girl, identified as Tikal, argues with the group's leader, whom she identifies as Knuckles, much to Sonic's confusion, while the echidnas show surprise that Sonic is able to speak. As Sonic and Knuckles contemplate this turn of events, the echidnas are quickly distracted by 'the intruders'. onic and Tikal follow them to find a single ship, which reveals a lone Drakon Prosecutor...
- Knuckles — "Total Chaotix, Part 1" (Issue #53)
- Tails — "Fleabyte Returns" (Issue #80)
- Sonic the Hedgehog — "The Rampage of Mekanik, Part 2" (Issue #58)
- Graphic Zone: Fan art submitted by readers. The theme for this issue's Graphic Zone is "Easter Egg-citement!", featuring egg=themed pictures. Owners of the printed art each won a Sonic the Hedgehog digital watch.
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing manager: Doug Pocock
- Promotion buyer: Michelle Brown
- Marketing director: Rob McMenemy
- Managing director: Julie Goldsmith
- Advertising: Steve Goldsmith