Sonic the Comic 180
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Comic #180|
"Prisoner of War!"
|Writer: Nigel Kitching|
|Pencils: Richard Elson|
|Letters: Ellie de'Ville|
|Editor: Andy Diggle|
|Managing editor: Steve MacManus|
|Cover artist: Richard Elson|
|← Previous issue | Next issue →|
Prisoner of War!
Transported to the ancient past by Tikal, Sonic watches from atop a cliff as Knuckles leads an army of echidnas into battle against a lone Drakon Prosecutor. Sonic tries to warn Knuckles of the Prosecutor, though Tikal tells him he knows what he's doing and she will explain everything to him later. Knuckles and the echidnas struggle against the Prosecutor, who is easily holding his own, so Sonic steps in to help out and goes straight for the Prosecutor's head while verbally sparring with Knuckles. Eventually, Sonic is able to rip the Prosecutor's helmet off, revealing the Drakon's true form to the stunned echidnas.
Meanwhile, back in the present, Dr. Robotnik had moved to his mountain retreat with Grimer in tow (which Robotnik said he usually comes to the place to get away from Grimer). Using his Chaos Resonator device, he has successfully attracted the Master Emerald and four of the Chaos Emeralds to the retreat, and is now anticipating Chaos' eventual arrival. Back in the past, Sonic is with Knuckles and the irate Prosecutor in the Echidna Empire's capital, Megaopolis City. Knuckles ponders with Sonic how he is still alive in the present day, before Tikal takes Sonic to meet her father and spiritual leader of the echidnas, Pochacamac. Pochacamac promises that Sonic's questions will be answered, but he has something to show him first: The Chaos Emeralds, which the echidnas have stolen from the Drakons...
- Knuckles — "Total Chaotix, Part 2" (Issue #54)
- Tails — "Shock Tactics!" (Issue #81)
- Sonic the Hedgehog — "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 1" (Issue #59)
- Data Zone: The Data Zone acts as a quick reference guide to new readers about the characters, providing data files on Sonic, Knuckles, Tikal, Dr. Robotnik and Chaos.
- Graphic Zone: Fan art submitted by readers. The theme for this issue's Graphic Zone is "Manic Mix-Ups!", with several character getting mixed into single pictures. Owners of the printed art each won a Sonic the Hedgehog digital watch.
- A competition to win a Sega Dreamcast.
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing manager: Doug Pocock
- Promotion buyer: Michelle Brown
- Marketing director: Rob McMenemy
- Managing director: Julie Goldsmith
- Advertising: Steve Goldsmith