Sonic the Comic 130
From Sonic Retro
| Sonic the Comic #130|
|Release date: 1998-06-02|
|Country: United Kingdom|
|Writer: Lew Stringer & Nigel Kitching|
|Pencils: Richard Elson & Nigel Kitching|
|Editor: Deborah Tate|
|Managing editor: Steve MacManus|
|Cover artist: Dermot Power|
|← Previous issue | Next issue →|
|This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by.|
This issue marked the comic's fifth birthday. This milestone was celebrated with a single Sonic story across seventeen pages, "Showdown", which concluded a plotline that had been set in motion as far back as issue #104, as well as a birthday special Decap Attack story.
Sonic — "Showdown, Part 1"
- Script: Lew Stringer & Nigel Kitching
- Pencils: Richard Elson
- Colour: Nigel Dobbyn
- Letters: Tom Frame
Sonic — "Showdown, Part 2"
Sonic — "Showdown, Part 3"
Decap Attack — "Birthday"
- Control Zone
- Pin-Up: Sonic's Buddies and Baddies, Part 1: Buddies. Art by Carl Flint.
- Speedlines: Megadroid answers various fan letters from readers of the comic. One reader sends in a poem, Megadroid reveals that his creator is Richard Burton, another reader asks if Robotnik has any friends and there's a request for a Baddies poster (which will handily be given out next issue). Owners of the printed letters each won an enamel badge.
- Graphic Zone: Fan art submitted by readers. The theme for this issue's Graphic Zone is "Party Dudes", featuring pictures celebrating the comic's fifth birthday. Owners of the printed art each won a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing manager: Doug Pocock
- Managing director: Julie Goldsmith