From Sonic Retro
|This short article is in need of work. You can help Sonic Retro by.|
|System(s): PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U|
|Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
|Developer: Traveller's Tales|
Lego Dimensions is an action-adventure game in which Lego versions of various franchises cross-over. It follows the toys-to-life format that Skylanders started where the game comes with a portal on which you place Lego figures which you can then use in the game. Sonic is one of the characters in the second series of packs released for the game. He was included in a Level Pack, along with a build for the Sonic Speedster and the Tornado. Sonic also voiced an ad for promoting the "Knight Rider" Lego Dimensions Pack.
- 1 Story (Main Game)
- 2 Inclusion of Sonic the Hedgehog
- 3 Dialogue References
- 4 Artwork
- 5 References
Story (Main Game)
Batman from DC Comics, Wyldstyle from The LEGO Movie, Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings, and many other characters must embark on an adventure across the many dimensions to stop the evil Lord Vortech, who plots to use the "Foundation Elements" scattered across dimensions to rule over all existence.
Story (Ghostbusters (2016))
During the fourth chapter of the Ghostbusters (2016) Story Pack, "Breaking the Barrier", a boss fight against a possessed Eggman parade balloon takes place. The balloon fires laser blasts and missiles at the Ghostbusters while Buzz Bomber ghosts appear from the sides to attack. The Eggman balloon is ultimately defeated by inflating a Sonic balloon that comes to life and attacks it, exposing its weak points and allowing the Ghostbusters to send it flying. In the accompanying Adventure World, a purchasable renovation allows the Sonic balloon to be installed above Times Square.
Story (Sonic Dimensions)
The story starts with a LEGO-styled Sonic 1 title screen. A LEGO version of Sonic is seen taking a stroll through Green Hill Zone, destroying Dr. Eggman's infiltrating robots. Once the player takes Sonic to the end, he finds a Goal Post with a Warp Ring above it. He jumps into the ring and ends up in a Special Stage styled after Sonic The Hedgehog 2. He reaches the end and finds a Chaos Emerald waiting for him. He heads back to Tails' Workshop in hopes of getting there before Dr. Eggman does, but unfortunately for him, the doctor was able to reach the workshop before him. He tied up Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, and Big, in an attempt to make Sonic give up the last Chaos Emerald, which would give him possession of all seven Emeralds. He also reveals he is in possession of a Keystone Device, one of the main game's key weapons, attached to the front of his Egg Mobile. This allows him to access any dimension, as well as summon any object or being he wants to in order to achieve his plan of not only world domination, but this time universal domination. This ambush plan fails however, as Sonic distracts him long enough (by complimenting his mustache) to rescue Tails and the others, except for Amy, who seems to have gone missing. Eggman's Keystone Device starts to malfunction for unknown reasons, automatically activating multiple portals to other dimensions, which suck up not only much of the terrain of Green Hill, but also Knuckles, Shadow, Big, and Eggman himself. Sonic tells Tails that he's gonna go after Eggman, while telling Tails to come up with a plan. He leaves Tails, who seems a bit lost on how to start his part of the plan.
On the other side of Sonic's portal, he ends up in Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure. But before he can recall where he is, a killer whale starts to chase him. He manages to outrun it, but get stuck on a lone island. He ends up destroying enough objects on the island to allow him to use the LEGO pieces to build himself a car, the Sonic Speedster. He uses it to jump on ramps he also builds to get from island to island, until he finally reaches Eggman at the end of the coast. He manages to stop the doctor with his new vehicle, but Eggman manages to escape into another portal. Sonic jumps through it and enters another Special Stage. He obtains the second Chaos Emerald, and meets up with Eggman in what appears to be the Death Egg.
Eggman reminds Sonic that he can summon any enemy he wants to, including Sonic's past metal counterparts. He first summons Mecha Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog 2 16-bit boss) from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (named Robo Sonic in this game), though he doesn't prove much of a challenge. He then summons Mecha Sonic (Sonic & Knuckles boss) from Sonic and Knuckles, but he also manages to be defeated. Finally, the doctor manages to find a Metal Sonic from Sonic CD, but a version in which he managed to beat Sonic during the events of the Little Planet fiasco. They both put up a good fight until Metal Sonic ends up going into an automatic hyperdrive, which gives Sonic just enough of an advantage to destroy him much to Eggman's dismay. The victory is short lived however, as the Keystone Device starts to malfunction once again from parts flying into it, creating more portals to other dimensions. Eggman escapes, with Sonic giving chase. However one more portal opens once Sonic leaves, revealing a familiar water monster is left to ruminate on the Death Egg.
Sonic goes through another Special Stage and obtains the third Emerald, where he reaches his new destination: Metropolis Zone. After going through some of the smaller robotic threats, he comes to a security room, guarded by two E-Series robots. Before he has much time to think about it, Tails appears on a monitor above him. He gives Sonic some advise on how to go about destroying the guards, and creates a portal himself using some tech he finds to teleport himself and Sonic's plane, the Tornado. Before he goes through though, the Tornado comes back into pieces, leaving Tails to think twice about going through just yet, though he does find the instructions to help Sonic rebuild his plane. After building it, Sonic uses it to shoot down Eggman, who is flying above Metropolis looking out for the hedgehog. He manages to escape through a portal before any real damage to his Egg Mobile is done. Sonic follows through, goes into another Special Stage, collects the fourth Emerald, and heads on into Marble Zone. There, he meets up with Omochao, much to his distaste. While Omochao offers him 'helpful' advice on how to proceed, Sonic goes through solving the puzzles in the area to find a way out. While Omochao tries to help out, he eventually gets lost somewhere, but quickly catches up with Sonic before he finds Eggman again. They duke it out once more, Eggman escapes, Sonic follows, he enters another Special Stage, and retrieves the fifth Emerald.
While in the dimensional rift, Sonic catches up the Eggman and tears off the Keystone Device from his Egg Mobile. He uses it to temporarily throw Eggman into another dimension. Once the doctor is dealt with, he uses the device to summon some terrain from Green Hill for him to land on. He then summons back Omochao, Knuckles, Shadow, and Big onto the terrain. Sonic lets everyone know he obtained the device, and Knuckles suggests that Sonic would be best to fix the situation since he possess the device. Sonic reminds him however that there are still two Chaos Emeralds somewhere. Big then remembers that he saw one at what he describes to be the Labyrinth Zone. Petrified about the idea of going back there, he reluctantly agrees to go to obtain the Emerald.
He overcomes his fears in the Lost Labyrinth from Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and finds another Special Stage ring. He enters it and collects the sixth Emerald. He meets up with his friends and lets them know he got the Emerald. Tails then shows up frantically in the Tornado 2 telling Eggman has rebuilt the Death Egg. Sonic goes along with Tails to go and finally finish off the doctor. Once Sonic arrives, Eggman appears in his Death Egg Robot from Sonic 2, containing the last emerald inside. After a long scrumish, Sonic is able to take down the robot. As Sonic taunts Eggman for running away so easily, the doctor reveals he isn't running from Sonic, but rather the site behind Sonic. Chaos, who was teleported here earlier from the Mecha Sonic fight, has managed to harness some kind of power to grow in both size and strength. Chaos takes the Keystone Device that Tails was holding onto for Sonic and gains the Elemental Powers it holds from the main game's story. Eggman appears on a monitor telling Sonic to destroy Chaos for he damages his Death Egg, but when asked to give Sonic the Emerald so he can turn into Super Sonic, he refuses. Sonic is able to hold him off for a bit, but isn't able to due much due to his increased power. Eventually, Amy finally shows up from Eggman's monitor to smack him aside with her Piko Piko Hammer. She takes the final Emerald and gives it to Sonic. Sonic then goes into his Super form, which helps him easily defeat Chaos then teleporting him into another dimension. With the damages done to the Death Egg due to Sonic's fight with Chaos, it starts to fall apart. Amy starts to fall off the opening of the Death Egg, but luckily Super Sonic manages to create a portal for Amy to go back home before she falls to her doom, leaving Eggman behind to plan his revenge once again. Sonic thanks Tails for his help as they go through the portal, leaving their fate unknown, but implying things go back to normal.
The ending of the Sonic Dimensions story was meant to transition into a later story chapter, which would converge stories set up in other level packs and explain what happened to Lord Vortech following the events of the main story. However, due to the cancellation of the game's planned third year of content, this chapter was never released and the cliffhanger was left unresolved.
Inclusion of Sonic the Hedgehog
|Fast facts on Sonic Level Pack|
|Manufacturer: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment|
Sonic the Hedgehog was announced as as a level pack as part of Wave 7 and released in November 2016. It contains three buildable figures, a brand new level, and an Adventure World based on Sonic's past.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Playable Character)
- A Lego figure of the blue hedgehog. Sonic is the fastest character in the game. He can perform the Spin Jump with his default jump, as well as the Spin Dash, Homing Attack, Stomp, the Spinning Needle Attack, and a few other moves as well. After collecting enough Studs, he can transform into Super Sonic for a short amount of time. He can refill his Super meter by collecting more Studs.
- Sonic Speedster (Vehicle)
- This is a land vehicle that can be used to drive through ramps, based on the Speed Star from Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing It can be rebuilt into the Blue Typhoon (no relation to the ship of the same name in the third season of the anime Sonic X), an aerial vehicle, and a Motobug, a land vehicle used for cutting vines.
- The Tornado (Vehicle)
Sonic Dimensions (Level)
In addition to the story mode seen above, the level features many different areas and Zones from past Sonic titles.
- Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog
- Emerald Coast from Sonic Adventure
- The Death Egg from Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Metropolis Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Marble Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog
- Lost Labyrinth (referred to as Labyrinth) from Sonic the Hedgehog 4
- The Special Stages from Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure World
Like with every other series in Lego Dimensions, there is an Adventure World, which acts as a Hub World, where you can run around helping Sonic's friends and rivals, collect Studs or Gold Bricks for purchasing gadget and vehicle upgrades, and obtain a Red Brick to unlock an exclusive cheat. The world is made up of multiple Zones and levels from Sonic's past, all mixed into one floating island. Some locations have hidden areas based on other zones as well. The locations are:
- Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog
- Chemical Plant Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- A Special Stage from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Hidden Area within Chemical Plant)
- Metropolis Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Hidden Area within Chemical Plant)
- Aquatic Ruin Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Carnival Night Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- IceCap Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sandopolis Zone from Sonic and Knuckles
- Lava Reef Zone from Sonic and Knuckles
- Hidden Palace Zone from Sonic and Knuckles
- Death Egg Zone from Sonic and Knuckles
- Emerald Alter from Sonic Adventure
Any Zone that appeared in the classic games does not feature its original music, but rather sound-alike tracks. The reasoning was due to licensing, and was deemed easier to create original or similar tunes for the stage, rather than getting the rights from their respective composers. Any stages post-Classic Sonic use their original songs.
- Crabmeat (Uses Sonic 1 design)
- Buzz Bomber (Uses Sonic 1 design)
- Chopper (Uses Sonic 1 design)
- Moto Bug (Uses Sonic Lost World design)
- Jaws (Uses Sonic 1 design)
- Star Pointer (Uses Sonic 3 design)
- Clamer (Uses Sonic 3 design)
- Buzzer (Uses Sonic 2 design)
- Coconuts (Uses Sonic Lost World design)
- Batbrain (Uses Sonic 1 design)
- Spikebonker (Uses Sonic & Knuckles design)
- Egg Pawn (Uses Sonic Lost World design)
- Grabber (Uses Sonic Generations design)
- Spiny (Uses Sonic Generations design)
- Hyudoro (Uses Sonic & Knuckles design)
- Orbinaut (Uses Sonic 1 design)
- Nebula (Uses Sonic Lost World design)
- Balkiry (Uses Sonic 2 design)
- Asteron (Uses Sonic 2 design)
- Shellcracker (Uses Sonic 2 design)
- Turtloids (Uses Sonic 2 design)
- Burrobot (Uses Sonic 4 design)
- Penguinator (Uses Sonic 3 design)
There are a total of six Quests that you can do for various characters to obtain a Gold Brick, which can help you upgrade your vehicles and gadgets.
- Tails' Lab (Tails' Quest)
- Tails gets trapped in his workshop while working on the Miles Electric and needs a character with the ability to hack to fix his shutter. After you get him out, he asks the player if they can help him find the sources of some rouge Chaos energy he's detected around the area. If you accept, you'll find that Eggman has placed a bunch of robot generators around the Adventure World and it's your job to help destroy both the robots and the generators. As a reward, Tails gives you a Gold Brick that he found in his workshop, since it didn't work too well as a power supply for the Tornado.
- Big's Big Fishing Adventure 4 (Big's Quest)
- Big has lost sight of his best friend and pet, Froggy, once again. He asks if the player would help him look for him in areas near water. If the player accepts, you escort Big to the water hole near Chemical Plant, where you see Froggy on a high ledge. He hops away towards the water in Green Hill before finally settling down in a spot at the Carnival Night. Big realizes that Froggy was actually leading him to a pool of water filled with fish, the perfect fishing spot. He thanks you, calling you his new buddy, and gives you a Gold Brick he found while fishing, originally mistaking it for a fish.
- Eggman's Master Plan (Eggman's Quest)
- Eggman claims to have came up with a ingenious plan to help the local orphans He says he wants to find every chili dog in the world and give them to the orphans, but he needs the players help retrieve them. If you accept, you'll run around the entire Adventure World collecting chili dogs. Eggman will sometimes make comments on your quest, reveal he put a tracking device/radio on you, and even tell you about his previous attempts at making a Mean Bean Machine. After you've collected them all, he reveals he actually wanted the chili dogs to lure Sonic into his next trap. He tells you that because you were so generous, that he'll let you go. He even gives you a Gold Brick, so long as you tell no one about the plan.
- Rose to the Rescue (Amy's Quest)
- Amy is upset that Sonic and his friends always leave her behind, with her reasoning as to why being that her getting kidnapped in Sonic Adventure caused them to think that she can't take care of herself. As she says this, she notices a bunch of Eggman's robots have taken a bunch of animals hostage, and asks if you can help her save them, thinking this is the perfect time to prove herself. If you accept, you and Amy go around beating the robots to rescue Cucky, Picky, Pocky. and Pecky, all while Amy reminiscences on her past successes. Once saved, she thanks you for helping, hoping that the next time the boys need help you'll put a good word in for them.
- A Floral Dilemma (Shadow's Quest)
- Shadow ponders Maria's original wish from Sonic Adventure 2, which was to "bring hope to humanity". He says that while, yes, he is the Ultimate Lifeform, he doesn't think he can fully bring that wish without some assistance. He states that the medium of flower arrangement is something that the people of this planet love, and surely that should inspire people. However, he doesn't have much knowledge on how flowers should be arranged. If you accept, you escort Shadow to some spots with different flower arrangements, finding the best spots to put them throughout the Adventure World. After you've placed them, he thanks you, claiming it to be the ultimate inspiration. He then gives you a Gold Brick he thought was a Chaos Emerald at first, claiming it to be a faker.
- LEGO Dimensions and Knuckles (Knuckles' Quest)
- Knuckles claims that while Eggman has tricked him plenty of times in the past, that doesn't mean he's not good at other things, like protecting the Master Emerald (which he's hidden from Eggman), and punching badniks. He asks if you would help him take them down. If you accept, you simply help him destroy some badniks running around the Emerald Alter. Once they've all been destroyed, he says anyone who tries to fight him should think twice first. He gives you a Gold Brick that he found early when he was hunting for something else.
There are also six renovations you can make to the Adventure World. In exchange for Studs, you can create attractions to make the world look nicer, or unlock new missions for even more Gold Bricks.
- Restore the Big and Froggy Turrets
- Restore Tails' Workshop
- Restore the Eggmobile ride
- Restore the Chao Balloon
- Restore the Snowboard Hut
- Unlock the jukebox
In every Adventure World, there's a robot carrying a Red Brick. If you manage to catch the robot and collect the Red Brick, you'll be able to unlock one of the keys to getting a Red Brick cheat, which you will then need to pay a certain amount of Studs to unlock said cheat. If you collect the one in the Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure World, you will be able to access to the Sonic series' cheat.
- Ring-A-Ding-Ding! (100,000 Studs) - Turns all Studs into Rings
|Lumpy Space Princess, huh? Last time I met a princess, I...we...you know, I don't quite remember, never mind!||Sonic||Interaction between Sonic and Lumpy Space Princess from Adventure Time||Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 game)|
|Hey. Vampire Lady. Did I hear that you turn into a wolf sometimes? I sure know that feeling.||Sonic||Interaction between Sonic and Marceline the Vampire Queen from Adventure Time||Sonic Unleashed|
|Hey, Bart! Remember, if you see a Gold Brick lying around, juuust take it! Take it, take it, take it, take it, take it! TAKE IT!||Sonic||Interaction between Sonic and Bart from The Simpsons||Sonic's cameo appearance in the Simpsons episode "Marge Be Not Proud"|
|Oh, yeah! This is happening! Hmm, that--that sounded better in my head.||Sonic||Occasionally said when Sonic enters the game||Sonic Adventure|
|Gotta go fast!||Sonic, Bubbles, E.T.||Occasionally said when Sonic enters the game, and also when E.T. or Bubbles enter the Speed Star||Sonic X|
|It's not over yet. Let's show 'em what we're made of!||Sonic||Occasionally said when Sonic enters a boss fight||Sonic Heroes (What I'm Made Of)|
|Shoot! Not my day.||Sonic||Occasionally said when Sonic encounters an object he can't interact with||Sonic Heroes|
|I can really feel the sunshine. It's brightening up my day!||Sonic||Occasionally said while Sonic is in the Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure World||Sonic R (Can You Feel The Sunshine)|
|Hey, a Ghostbuster! I saw this creepy doll that kinda looks like my friend Tails. Think you could take a look?||Sonic||Interaction between Sonic and Peter Venkman or Abby Yates from Ghostbusters||Sonic R (Tails Doll)|
|Found you, faker!||Sonic||Occasionally said if two Sonic figures are in the game at once||Sonic Adventure 2|
|I'll make you eat those words!||Sonic||Occasionally said if two Sonic figures are in the game at once||Sonic Adventure 2|
|Hey, that's my line!||Sonic||Occasionally said if two Sonic figures are in the game at once||Sonic Heroes|
|Another puzzle? This isn't gonna be like that bouncing barrel from Carnival Night Zone, is it?||Sonic||Occasionally said when Sonic encounters an object he can't interact with||Sonic the Hedgehog 3|
|I'm outta here!||Sonic||Occasionally said when Sonic is removed from the toy pad||Sonic CD|
|Sonic, you ever thought about changing the name from "Green Hill Zone" to...wait for it..."Green ARROW Zone"? Huh? Huh? Or how about "Emerald ARCHER Zone"? Huh? Better? How about this: "Mystic ARROW Cave"? Heh heh...I have, like, twelve more of these.||Green Arrow||Interaction between Sonic and Green Arrow from DC Comics||Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit), Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit)|
|This is wonderful! I'm floating around at the speed of sound! Who needs broomsticks, anyway?||Hermione Granger||Said when using the Tornado as Hermione from Harry Potter||Sonic Adventure 2 (Escape from the City)|
|Hohoho, YOSH! This time I'm sure to catch that heinous hedgehog!||Dr. Eggman||Said when approaching Dr. Eggman in the Sonic the Hedgehog Adventure World||Sonic Adventure 2|
|Get a load of this!||Dr. Eggman||Said by Dr. Eggman on multiple occasions||Sonic Adventure|
|I see you've found a chili dog! Hmmm, this one appears to contain some really mean beans... Oh, fun fact: I used to have a machine that made those! It was a rather, uh...niche market.||Dr. Eggman||Said during the "Eggman's Master Plan" quest||Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine|
|No way! I can't believe this! Orbot just unfriended me on Eggbook. He's not going to get away with this! What? You found a chili dog? Yes, yes, good job...now, how do I send a thumbs down on this thing?||Dr. Eggman||Said during the "Eggman's Master Plan" quest||Sonic Adventure|
|EGGMAN: Oh, Eggman, you genius! Who would've expected a Death Egg Robot? SONIC: Well, anyone...this is, like, the fourth time you've used it...||Sonic and Dr. Eggman||Said during the Death Egg Robot fight in the level pack||Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (16-bit), Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Sonic Generations|
|It all starts with this...an arrangement containing the ultimate flowers!||Shadow||Said after completing the "A Floral Dilemma" quest||Sonic Adventure 2|
|I ain't gonna let it get to me, I'm just gonna creep...creep right on over here and take out a bunch of Eggman's robots! That'll show those guys who's a "Knucklehead"!||Knuckles||Said during the "LEGO Dimensions & Knuckles" quest||Sonic Adventure 2 (A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup)|
|Here I come, rougher than the rest of them! The best of them! Tougher than leather!||Knuckles||Said during the "LEGO Dimensions & Knuckles" quest||Sonic Adventure (Unknown from M.E. (Sonic Adventure))|
|All right! Bring it on!||Sonic||Occasionally said when Sonic encounters an object he can interact with||Sonic Riders|
|Don't let it hit'cha, move! Don't let it hit'cha, move! Don't let it hit'cha, move!||Knuckles||Said during the "LEGO Dimensions & Knuckles" quest||Sonic Adventure 2 (Space Trip Steps)|
|I tell ya, you get kidnapped by a robot doppelganger of your true love ONE TIME, and they treat you like a damsel for life! It's like they forgot the time I helped that birdie find its family! Or the time I broke Sonic out of prison! Or...||Amy||Said at the start of the "Rose to the Rescue" quest||Sonic CD, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2|
|Ooh, and let's not forget the time I infiltrated the Egg Fleet to save Chocola and Froggy! I mean, what's a girl gotta do to be taken seriously around here?||Amy||Said during the "Rose to the Rescue" quest||Sonic Heroes|
|Maria... For the people of this planet... I promise you...||Shadow||Said as the player approaches him for the "A Floral Dilemma" quest||Sonic Adventure 2|
|REVENGE! ...it turns out, is not what Maria asked for at all. All she ever wanted was for me to "bring hope to humanity". I've been trying to figure out how best to achieve that goal for a long time now.||Shadow||Said at the start of the "A Floral Dilemma" quest||Sonic Battle|
|Hmm. Perfect!||Shadow||Said during the "A Floral Dilemma" quest||Shadow the Hedgehog (game)|
|Oh, Froggy... It's a windy and sunny day! Perfect for lazy days livin' in paradise with you!||Big||Occasionally said if idling near him after the "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 4" quest||Sonic Adventure (Lazy Days ~Livin' in Paradise~)|
|Hey, little guy! I think I caught something! I... Oh. No, it's just my phone buzzing. It's a call from... Sanic? Who's that?||Big||Occasionally said if idling near him after the "Big's Big Fishing Adventure 4" quest||Sonic Adventure (Lazy Days ~Livin' in Paradise~), "Sanic" internet meme|