Blizzard Peaks can be played as either the fifth or sixth level in Sonic Rush Adventure. A frozen island in the north of the Sol Dimension, Blizzard Peaks is a fast-paced, slide-y level where Sonic and Blaze cannon down the mountainside both with snowboards and just plain sprinting. Slippery ice paths and half-pipes combine with an abundance of grindrails to keep you moving at breakneck pace. Hold onto giant ice stalactites and outpace thundering avalanches as you make your way over the mountain range.
With the Aqua Blast hovercraft now completed after Captain Whisker's escape from Haunted Ship, the team on Southern Island have two possible routes of investigation: north, towards the Vikings of Blizzard Peaks, or east, into regions unknown to Blaze. Should the player opt for north, Blizzard Peaks is the destination - home of the Viking polar-bears, long-time enemies of Whisker's pirates, who Blaze hopes will be able to share their knowledge and fighting prowess.
However, the Viking village is suspiciously deserted. Sonic, Blaze, Tails, and Marine set out to find the inhabitants. It is the raccoon who makes the unpleasant discovery: the Vikings have been frozen solid in blocks of ice! Whisker steps out of the shadows, gleefully proclaiming his responsibility; then summons the Ghost Whale, to do the same to the heroes.
- Snowboard - Goes forward automatically. You cannot go backwards at all, remember that, but you can still Boost when using it. Like the Mine Cart in Coral Cave, Press to slow it down when trying to jump over tricky holes.
- Ice Sheets - They look like thin sheets covered in snow, but if you simply hit one, they will bounce you in the air, but make sure to hit them from above or the side.
- Half-pipes - Send you sliding seeming out of control back and forth through them down their entire length. You can trick from them, but you can also escape their grasp completely by -tricking when in the air! This is highly recommended for Time Trials.
- Long Blue Springy Vines - Basically grab one, and it will eventually send you up into the air. Kind of takes a while, might want to try to skip them for Time Trails.
- Icicles - When you hit one of these, you end up spiraling down them, either jump off to anther icicle or just jump off before you get too low and it's too late.
- Snowballs - They try to fire little energy blasts at you. Hit them once, and you just expose a little robot inside; it's best to Boost them.
- Gliders - Skeleton Robots riding large orange hang gliders. It's best to Super Boost when you see them. They are a bit hard to get out of their way if you are in the air, but you can use an trick to attack.
- Snowflakes - An air obstacle, they sort of just spin when you get near them. This is a case for Boosting while in mid-air or using a well-placed -trick.