Special Stage (Sonic Advance 3)
From Sonic Retro
Error creating thumbnail:
|Sonic Advance 3|
|Special level, Sonic Advance 3|
|Number of Acts: 7|
| Non-English names:|
The Special Stage in Sonic Advance 3 is an enclosed area resembling an upside-down half-pipe and a large checkered field. To get to the Special Stage, the player must collect all the Chao scattered across each Zone, and then find a Special Key in any of the Zone's Acts that will grant them access to it. Once collected, they must finish the Act to keep the key, then they can bring it to the Special Spring somewhere in the corresponding Zone Map.
In the Special Stage, the player will be flying overhead on the wings of the Tornado 2, and they will have to collect enough Rings in order to get the Chaos Emerald, similar to the flying Special Stages of Sonic Triple Trouble. While on the Tornado 2, the player is free to move around with and , and jump with the button. Each Special Stage has two segments for the player to go through, and failing to collect enough Rings before the end of a segment will expel the player empty-handed.
Win or lose, the Special Key is gone once the player returns from the Special Stage, meaning they will need to find another key if they wish to attempt the Special Stage again.
- Rings - The player needs to grab enough Rings to collect a Chaos Emerald.
- Ring boosters - Flying through them will make the Tornado 2 transform, increasing its speed and doubling the amount of Rings the player collects for a few seconds.
- Bombs - Hitting these will make the player lose 5 Rings from their total amount.
- Missile Badniks - These missile-like Badniks will try to ram into the player or shoot projectiles at them. They can be destroyed with a Spin Jump for bonus Rings.
- Chaos Emerald - If enough Rings are collected, a Chaos Emerald will be earned. Collect all 7 to unlock the extra Zone: Nonaggression.
List of Special Stages
|Stage||Screenshot||Ring goals||Chaos Emerald||Associated Zone|
|Part 1||Part 2|
|#1||Get 80 rings||Get 160 rings||Route 99|
|#2||Get 80 rings||Get 160 rings||Sunset Hill|
|#3||Get 90 rings||Get 180 rings||Ocean Base|
|#4||Get 90 rings||Get 180 rings||Toy Kingdom|
|#5||Get 100 rings||Get 200 rings||Twinkle Snow|
|#6||Get 110 rings||Get 220 rings||Cyber Track|
|#7||Get 120 rings||Get 260 rings||Chaos Angel|
Special Stage Mode
When all 7 Chaos Emeralds have been collected, the player can then press on the main menu to unlock "Special Stage Mode". In this mode, the player plays through all 7 Special Stages consecutively as Sonic. If the player fails a Special Stage, the game is over, and the player can retry from the first Special Stage or return to the main menu.
|Sonic Advance 3|