Oil Desert Zone is the third level in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II. After making it through the freezing White Park Zone, Sonic and Tails have to travel across a sweltering desert, which is also home to a massive oil refinery. The acts require maneuvering on and around the heavy machinery and across the hot sands. While the second act requires sliding down oil chutes ala Oil Ocean Zone, the third act in particular involves escaping the rising sands not unlike that of Sandopolis Zone.
||Huge refineries were made by Dr. Eggman to collect the resources of this Zone. Sonic and Tails must be careful as many traps await including sandstorms, quicksand, huge sand-filling tasks, etc.
— Description on the Sonic 4 site
- Act 1 - Through the Sandstorm
- Act 2 - Beneath the Sands
- Act 3 - A Crude Trap
- Boss - A Giant Born of Scrap Metal
- Scarabesque - Scarab beetle-like badniks that will push bombs into you. Usually have annoying placements.
- Flamer - Orbinaut variants armed with flamethrowers that they will use to ignite the oil.
- Sandworm - Sandopolis Zone's sand-dwellers, now much larger.