Lost Labyrinth Zone
is the second level in Sonic the Hedgehog 4
. It appears to be set underground, similar to Sonic 1
's Labyrinth Zone
. This zone is known for the controversial Mine Cart gimmick that was in the second act in the PartnerNET build, which involved Sonic controlling a mine cart in the entire level. Due to responses from the fanbase, the mine cart act has since become an exclusive level in the iPhone version, and the console version will receive an entirely new act.
- Act 1 - Ancient Maze of Mystery
- Act 2 - Strange Mine Cart
- Act 3 - Underwater Maze Escape
- Boss - Trap-Filled Ruins
- Jaws - Piranha bots that troll around underwater.
- Bubbles - A blue, spike-welding bubble. Red variations also appear.
- Orbinaut - Disappearing lizard bot.
- Burrobot - Mole bots that leap from the ground and then simply move back and forth in a small area.
- Unidus - Simple, pissy-looking sphere bots that move back and forth very slowly. The catch is that they're circled by four spiked balls, making them virtually impossible to hit until after they've spotted you.
- Uni-uni - These guys, palette aside, look exactly like Unidus. They're a bit more cool-headed, though, and won't fire off their shield of mines.
Lost Labyrinth's level select image can be seen at the top right in this development image