Sonic the Hedgehog - Remix
From Sonic Retro
Sonic the Hedgehog - Remix is a single-disc album released by Alpha Music in conjunction with Sega. As hinted at by the title of the album, the CD is a collection of remixed tracks from the original Japanese soundtrack for Sonic the Hedgehog CD. Unlike some remix projects, each of the tracks were remixed and arranged by the two men responsible for the original songs, Naofumi Hataya and Masafumi Ogata, though they are only credited by nickname. A sticker was also included with each copy of the album, featuring the cover art of Sonic wearing a pair of headphones.
| This information is in the wrong place|
Editors: move this to the "releases" section of the break-out box
- MSRP: ¥ 2,427
- Composers: Naofumi Hataya, Masafumi Ogata
- Arrangers: Naofumi Hataya (as "hata-bow"), Masafumi Ogata (as "o-gata")
- Performers: "yasu", Momo Michishita (as "momo"), Masafumi Nakao, Akira Sasaki, Keiji Shitara
- CD Info: 1 CD - 8 Tracks
Total Running Time: 41:07
All tracks written and arranged by SEGA
Arranger:hata-bow on 1,3,6, and 7 / o-gata on 2,4,5, and 8 Musicians
Voice: yasu on 1,4 and 7
Voice: momo on 4
Manipulation: Masafumi Nakao
Guitars: Akira Sasaki
Sax: Keiji Shitara
Recorded and Mixed by SEGA at SEGA Digital Studio
Mastered at Studio "A" by Mitsuo Koike
Design: design detective
Production supervisor: SEGA
special thanks to tohru sasaki, tsutomu kataoka and asami sasaki for TRIAD PROJECT
| Trivia sections are bad|
Try and incorporate this information into the main article. See the manual of style to find out why.
- One long-standing rumor regarding Sonic the Hedgehog - Remix is that this is one of the few Sonic-related releases to also have a vinyl counterpart available at retail. However, there has never been any clear documentation as to its existence, including the lack of a specific catalog number. If it does indeed exist, it is quite possibly the rarest Sonic music-related album.
- Though only credited to Sega, the cover and interior art featuring Sonic the Hedgehog was actually drawn by Kazuyuki Hoshino, visual designer for Sonic the Hedgehog CD and creator of Metal Sonic.
- An instrumental section of the track "Brand-new World" was used in the 2011 re-release of Sonic CD, playing over the credits to those involved in the remake's production.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - REMIX listing on the official Sonic Team homepage, including commentary in Japanese
- Sonic the Hedgehog - Remix on the music resource site VGMdb