From Sonic Retro
|Sixth level, Sonic and the Black Knight|
|Level themes: lava/volcano, urban|
|Boss: Sir Percival|
Molten Mine is the sixth stage in Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii. Almost as urbanised as Camelot Castle itself, the area is a vast Middle Ages industrial complex. Multi-storied dwellings of the Arthurian folk are built into the sheer rockfaces of volcanic chasms, with vast lakes of glowing magma bubbling in the depths below. Ore-laden mine carts race along dangerous railroad tracks, leading all the way out of the forge-towns and into the lava sea that lies beyond.
After Sonic completes Nimue's three quests to prove his nobility, the Lady of the Lake brings him back to Deep Woods to reveal the secret of defeating King Arthur. The power of Excalibur's scabbard can allegedly be dispelled by combining the sacred swords of the Knights of the Round Table (Sir Lancelot's Arondight, Sir Gawain's Galatine, and Sir Percival's Laevatein) together with Caliburn. By this point, Sonic is missing only Laevatein. So the hedgehog races off to Molten Mine, to track down Sir Percival and acquire the final piece of the magical jigsaw puzzle.
How he knows she's in Molten Mine is anyone's guess, though.
- Go for the Goal: Reach the goal - 350 followers
- Defeat the Boss: Sir Percival - 200 followers
- Pass Through the Gate: Reach the goal in time - 400 followers
- Beat the Clock: Reach the goal before time runs out - 250 followers
- Ring-Giver: Give the townspeople 20 rings - 100 followers
- Total Rampage: Defeat as many enemies as possible - 350 followers
- Grind Challenge: Reach the goal without falling - 100 followers
- Ultimate Challenge: Defeat enemies and take no damage - 350 followers
- Legacy: Reach the Goal - 200 followers
Items which can be acquired in the Molten Mine missions include:
- Katana, Garnet, Flintstone, Amethyst, Diamond, Lump of Bronze, Rusty Rapier, Lily
|Sonic and the Black Knight|