From Sonic Retro
|Eleventh level, Sonic and the Black Knight|
|Level theme: lava/volcano|
The Cauldron is the a stage in Sonic and the Black Knight for the Wii; one of the four levels after Knight's Passage that can be played as the Knights of the Round Table as well as Sonic. With Merlina's dark enchantment wreaking havoc across the Grand Kingdom, Molten Mine's volcanism has gone into overdrive, with the Camelot townspeoples' dwellings collapsing to rubble under a bombardment of erupting rock. Geysers of hot air and lava punch out of the fractured ground, while fast-flowing rivers of molten stone seethe through the petrified forest hinterland.
After Nimue informs the knights that Merlina's dark spell might still be contained by activating four barrier stones, they rush off to create the magical seal. Although the player is free to take any of Sonic, Sir Lancelot, Sir Percival, or Sir Gawain to complete The Cauldron, from the subsequent cutscenes the level appears to canonically be the preserve of Sir Percival. Shrouded Forest, Great Megalith, and Dragon's Lair occur simultaneously for the other characters.
Once Percival places her Sacred Sword, Laevatein on The Cauldron's barrier stone, the ancient sigils light up, completing another part of the spell to stop Merlina.
- Beat the Clock: Reach the goal before time runs out - 600 followers
- Special Challenge: Escape the Cauldron - 200 followers
- Mastery Stage: Only allowed 10 sword swings - 150 followers
- Rampage: Defeat 12 enemies - 100 followers
- Hide and Seek: Find 7 Hidden Fairies - 200 followers
Items which can be acquired in The Cauldron missions include:
- Rusty Helmet, Steel Helmet, Cursed Helmet, Samurai Helmet, Steel Spear, Hot Fiery Quaff, Topaz, Ruby, Opal, Lava Jewel, Hardtack, Marigold, Bat's Fang, Broken Brick, Tome of Medicines, Red Ring
|Sonic and the Black Knight|