Sonic 3D boss images
Hi. Thanks for putting in the Sonic 3D bosses. You know you can just use the images in the S3DBosses template for the boss pages, right? Just don't fill in a value for imagewidth and it should be fine. (Also the Volcano Valley one you just uploaded will need replacing due to the watermark.) - Andlabs 01:22, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Pursuant to our skype talk, I've gone and fixed the cliches in the template. Crisis City looks... better... now...? Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 13:59, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
Please don't remove the <br clear="all"> from pages. Without it, pages look wrong at lower resolutions. For example:  Nineko 23:39, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, keep them. The blank space is better than mishmashed web pages. Don't actually remove them until you get content. - Andlabs 23:45, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- And please don't move the alternate screenshot into the main content; keep it under the infobox until a better solution is found (the screenshots belong there anyway). - Andlabs 23:52, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
My (Midnight Monkey) additions and minor changes to the Genesis Sonic game Wikis of late
Hi. I see you've been checking my work. As a newbie, I need to be told what I'm doing right and where I'm going wrong, so feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Edit: sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick. Still finding my way around this joint. Level info addition to the headers is a good move towards comprensiveness, I feel. Regarding closure to the top section of LBZ Bosses, is what I added what you had in mind?
16:30, 11 October 2010 (CDT)
OL locked the topic so I couldn't ask you on the forums; is the Colours template still causing you problems? It edited fine when I tested it...? (Also I've moved your TRZ boss pic as requested) Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 18:02, 2 December 2010 (CST)
Level themes page
I've noticed that Junie has uploaded a mess of text about the level design styles of pages. Now I think that should be its own page as its not themes per se. Plus its threatening to make the page almost too big. What do you think? I didn't mention this to Junie eventually because (even though I'm admin on the Wikipedia site), I'm not up on acceptability quite as much over here. And I know you've done lots of work on the page. Thanks! Woohookitty 20:45, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- Or maybe it should be more subthemes. Don't know. Thats why I'm asking you. :) Woohookitty 20:47, 21 May 2011 (UTC)
- Flailing around with my own corpulent OPS, I intend to kill the entire thing. Those additions are of no merit for helping to class zones into themes and basically just a less-well-written, overlapping classification to what we already have.
- Unless there are any are any bright ideas in the interim I'll revert it all tomorrow. Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 02:55, 22 May 2011 (UTC)
I'm being wewwy, wewwy nitpicky, but I note that a bunch of your Generations screenpix (like... err... everything on the Omni template apart from Crisis City) have no HUD. Did you intentionally take these without HUDS, or are they SEGA publicity shots? 'Cos - as me and Orange hammered out 2 years ago - ideally we want ones WITH HUDS. I can go take them no problem, but I just wanted to check with you beforehand if you put non-HUD ones on for any particular reason? Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 05:00, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- These are all Sega shots taken from their Flikr account and a few from their final Generations website. I didn't put them on here due to no HUDs. If you want to find other shots to correct this, I'm fine with that. Issue is that finding good clean shots is kinda hard in the Interwebs, which is why I took them from Sega sources. --RGamer2009 17:49, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- OK, thx. Frozen Nitrogen (Talk) 19:01, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
I'm not sure I like them being used in the "systems" field of the Bob; I think readability suffers for it. They're more suitable for putting in lists and tables where you don't want a lot of repetitive text. - Hivebrain 04:47, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Eh, the reason I was doing this was because of pages like the Sonic All Stars Racing page where there is a list of ALOT of consoles under that heading, and I figured it would look a bit neater than having them all listed in txt form. If no one else approves of it, I will remove them. I do want more feedback on this change just in case because to do this will be alot of work! So...anyone?--RGamer2009
- Text is better for the reasons Hivebrain described. And it keeps Sonic Retro consistent with Sega Retro, which is something we want. And rolling this idea over to Sega Retro would lead to all sorts of confusing situations - an expectation of what a NEC PC-8801 looks like, and how this differs from an NEC PC-6001. And there is no single MSX computer design - it simply can't be done through looks alone.
- Some pages like Space Harrier are already a mess because there are so many versions out there. This would just add to that. -Black Squirrel 13:04, 3 May 2012 (UTC)